• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Consular Fees deducted from Personal Tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Weapons were pretty strictly controlled in USSR - even police did not have them most of the time, and the army was not getting much of them either - the Govt was afraid of armed people even if they worked for them.

Having all doctors with military rank is just one of the idiotic things in a communist system - for example all off-road capable cars had to be put on special register in police because in case of war the state would confiscate them for the army, I think same went for the trucks.
    In Communist Russia all your Land-Rovers are belong to us!

Comment

Originally posted by The Master View Post
      Why should you, you don't live there. UK taxation is (occasionally!) used to provide services to UK residents in the UK, not to provide a worldwide social support network.
      However, we are provided with the obligation to pay taxes on our worldwide income whilst you live in the UK or not.

civil servants. civil servants. It is an honor to support the civil servants of Great Britain.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
        However, we are provided with the obligation to pay taxes on our worldwide income whilst you live in the UK or not.
        Oh dear.

But as you are resident in Italy for most of the year you claim a tax credit against that for your Italian taxes paid, right?

Or are you paying full tax in both domiciles?

Or are you moonlighting in Italy and have "forgotten" to tell the tax authorities you are resident there for most of the year?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
          Have you ever tried to stop paying UK taxes?
          I too have stopped. One form to say I was leaving the country, and one tax return filled in after that and I've never heard from them again.

If you're living in a country with higher taxation, you might find you owe them some money. If you're living in a country with lower taxation, then it does seem rather silly to pay UK tax.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
          X