• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Devil Vomits on your Eiderdown!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear that you've finally patched up the rift with your brother....

and sad to hear that he's ill.

I hope things go well with you and him now.
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      OK, last week I finally patched up a family rift with my brother.

After things were sorted he told me he'd been diagnosed with "Polycythaemia vera".
      The cynical side of me wondered whether it was treatable by close family transplant. But it isn't. So, you can't help him that way but it's a genuine reconciliation.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Hope it all goes ok.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Really sorry to hear that little doggie

Hope it gets sorted!
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I've found out that the chemo is to help prevent leukemia.

The rest of the stuff is "No Known Cure".

Comment

I've found out that the chemo is to help prevent leukemia.

The rest of the stuff is "No Known Cure".

Sorry to hear the bad news Churchill, I lost my younger sister to Leukemia, the family went through a really rough time while she was in chemo, hope your brother has all the support he needs to get him through this.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Churchill, I hope things turn out as well as possible for him

Good that you've sorted things out between the two of you, though

Comment

Sorry to hear that doggy.

Stand by your bro now that the rift is healed.

I hope all goes well.
                  That boy go raaaaaaa
                  Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

OK, last week I finally patched up a family rift with my brother.

After things were sorted he told me he'd been diagnosed with "Polycythaemia vera". He's never been ill in his life and this happens!

He's only 39 FFS!

Anyway, he got his results today and starts chemotherapy tomorrow! So I'm taking Friday off to get right royally pissed with him in Manchester!

Might see some of you there!
                    Let's hope it goes well for your brother - Not a week goes by when they don't discover or improve a cure for something, and people are probably working on Polycythaemia vera even now.

P.S. According to one site, it's one of the few ailments that might benefit from phlebotomy (bleeding). If his doctor was a Blackadder fan maybe he considered - a course of leeches!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

http://public.kajetanwandowicz.com/light.gif
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X