• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Devil Vomits on your Eiderdown!!!"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    OK, last week I finally patched up a family rift with my brother.

After things were sorted he told me he'd been diagnosed with "Polycythaemia vera". He's never been ill in his life and this happens!

He's only 39 FFS!

Anyway, he got his results today and starts chemotherapy tomorrow! So I'm taking Friday off to get right royally pissed with him in Manchester!

Might see some of you there!

Sorry to hear that Churchill. Best wishes and hope he recovers well enough for you to make the piss-ups a regular occurrence in years to come.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Churchy, all the best to you and your brother mate.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Let's hope it goes well for your brother - Not a week goes by when they don't discover or improve a cure for something, and people are probably working on Polycythaemia vera even now.

P.S. According to one site, it's one of the few ailments that might benefit from phlebotomy (bleeding). If his doctor was a Blackadder fan maybe he considered - a course of leeches!
    They've been taking a pint a week off him since December.

I've thought about leeches too. For their anti-coagulant properties though.

Churchill - In "Thanks everyone" mode!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    http://public.kajetanwandowicz.com/light.gif

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

After things were sorted he told me he'd been diagnosed with "Polycythaemia vera". He's never been ill in his life and this happens!

He's only 39 FFS!

Anyway, he got his results today and starts chemotherapy tomorrow! So I'm taking Friday off to get right royally pissed with him in Manchester!

Might see some of you there!
    Let's hope it goes well for your brother - Not a week goes by when they don't discover or improve a cure for something, and people are probably working on Polycythaemia vera even now.

P.S. According to one site, it's one of the few ailments that might benefit from phlebotomy (bleeding). If his doctor was a Blackadder fan maybe he considered - a course of leeches!

Leave a comment:

• El_Diablo
    replied
    Sorry to hear that doggy.

Stand by your bro now that the rift is healed.

I hope all goes well.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Sorry to hear that Churchill, I hope things turn out as well as possible for him

Good that you've sorted things out between the two of you, though

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    I've found out that the chemo is to help prevent leukemia.

The rest of the stuff is "No Known Cure".

Sorry to hear the bad news Churchill, I lost my younger sister to Leukemia, the family went through a really rough time while she was in chemo, hope your brother has all the support he needs to get him through this.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I've found out that the chemo is to help prevent leukemia.

The rest of the stuff is "No Known Cure".

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Really sorry to hear that little doggie

Hope it gets sorted!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Hope it all goes ok.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

After things were sorted he told me he'd been diagnosed with "Polycythaemia vera".
    The cynical side of me wondered whether it was treatable by close family transplant. But it isn't. So, you can't help him that way but it's a genuine reconciliation.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Glad to hear that you've finally patched up the rift with your brother....

and sad to hear that he's ill.

I hope things go well with you and him now.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    My cousin is mid 20's and just started chemo.

A tough journey - all the very best to your brother.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Hope it goes well Churchill...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X