• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kia C'eed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
    I have some sympathy for the desire to have a really good car, believe me, I have been there and had the t-shirt till quite recently.

A couple of weeks ago I drove some 600 miles in two days, it was far from enjoyable as I spent most of the time checking the speedo. In a Porsche or Ferrari it would have been much the same, except I could have reached 70 (50 on some stretches of road with road works) in less time.
    I prefer this to the Cee'd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCSGNbvoLpA

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      I presume the onboard trip computer did. Now what sort of nerd would boast about breaking the law....
      I was illustrating the point that there are roads and motorways that at certain times are not congested or over-policed.

Part of being able to drive effectively is knowing when to make the journey. But hey, you knew that anyway, didn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        I was illustrating the point that there are roads and motorways that at certain times are not congested or over-policed.

Part of being able to drive effectively is knowing when to make the journey. But hey, you knew that anyway, didn't you?
        Agreed, I make all my journeys between 3 and 4am.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          But hey, you knew that anyway, didn't you?
          Of course.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Possibly, as long as "B" is not moving away from you at anything but glacier speed.
            Really, if this is the level of performance you are aiming at the best thing might just be to steal a shopping trolley.
            glacial
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              Wait till its 3 years old and I guess you get paid to take them
              I don't think this point is valid any longer. I have been looking recently at some of the prices for japanese/korean second-hand cars. I don't see any bargain on Kia/Hyunday, not to mention Toyota or Mazda which keep their value much better than the well-known german counterparts. People have just realised that spare parts are just as expensive as for all cars. The only cars that lose some value are the ones considered not fashionable (i.e. ford focus and vw passat).
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
              X