• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Kia C'eed

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Kia C'eed"

Collapse

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Wait till its 3 years old and I guess you get paid to take them
    I don't think this point is valid any longer. I have been looking recently at some of the prices for japanese/korean second-hand cars. I don't see any bargain on Kia/Hyunday, not to mention Toyota or Mazda which keep their value much better than the well-known german counterparts. People have just realised that spare parts are just as expensive as for all cars. The only cars that lose some value are the ones considered not fashionable (i.e. ford focus and vw passat).

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Possibly, as long as "B" is not moving away from you at anything but glacier speed.
    Really, if this is the level of performance you are aiming at the best thing might just be to steal a shopping trolley.
    glacial

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    But hey, you knew that anyway, didn't you?
    Of course.

Leave a comment:

• Cheshire Cat
    replied
    I was illustrating the point that there are roads and motorways that at certain times are not congested or over-policed.

Part of being able to drive effectively is knowing when to make the journey. But hey, you knew that anyway, didn't you?
    Agreed, I make all my journeys between 3 and 4am.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I presume the onboard trip computer did. Now what sort of nerd would boast about breaking the law....
    I was illustrating the point that there are roads and motorways that at certain times are not congested or over-policed.

Part of being able to drive effectively is knowing when to make the journey. But hey, you knew that anyway, didn't you?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Chantho View Post
    I have some sympathy for the desire to have a really good car, believe me, I have been there and had the t-shirt till quite recently.

A couple of weeks ago I drove some 600 miles in two days, it was far from enjoyable as I spent most of the time checking the speedo. In a Porsche or Ferrari it would have been much the same, except I could have reached 70 (50 on some stretches of road with road works) in less time.
    I prefer this to the Cee'd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCSGNbvoLpA

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I presume the onboard trip computer did.
    Possibly, but I doubt the onboard computer is capable of factoring in all the random restrictions that peabrain spoke of. He doubtless spent a while calculating all that for himself, the boring big anorak.

Leave a comment:

• Cheshire Cat
    replied
    A couple of weeks ago I drove some 600 miles in two days, it was far from enjoyable as I spent most of the time checking the speedo.
    You need cruise control
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• Chantho
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Hey, I'm saying the Cee'd makes a great car if you don't have much passion or interest in cars. A buy with the head sort of motor.

Personally, I'm looking at the luxury + performance end of the market, so M Sport, Porsche or AMG need to be on the boot.
    I have some sympathy for the desire to have a really good car, believe me, I have been there and had the t-shirt till quite recently.

A couple of weeks ago I drove some 600 miles in two days, it was far from enjoyable as I spent most of the time checking the speedo. In a Porsche or Ferrari it would have been much the same, except I could have reached 70 (50 on some stretches of road with road works) in less time.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    expensive cars == more money given to HMRC for our wonderful govt. to waste, and huge "hidden" costs in depreciation.

Buying a Kia, but not new, say 2 y.o. at about 40% of cost new will make perfect sense when that time comes.

Oh, but it doesn't have the performance I need ?? Where do you drive, German autobahns or the last remaining roads in the UK without cameras, (wherever that might be) ??
    Conclusive proof that aliens are more intelligent than earthlings.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    What sort of a nerd would work that out?
    I presume the onboard trip computer did. Now what sort of nerd would boast about breaking the law....

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    expensive cars == more money given to HMRC for our wonderful govt. to waste, and huge "hidden" costs in depreciation.

Buying a Kia, but not new, say 2 y.o. at about 40% of cost new will make perfect sense when that time comes.

Oh, but it doesn't have the performance I need ?? Where do you drive, German autobahns or the last remaining roads in the UK without cameras, (wherever that might be) ??

Hey, I'm saying the Cee'd makes a great car if you don't have much passion or interest in cars. A buy with the head sort of motor.

Personally, I'm looking at the luxury + performance end of the market, so M Sport, Porsche or AMG need to be on the boot.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    A nerd with a smally willy and no friends. Bet he boasted about it in the bar with total strangers afterwards.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    My average speed travelling back from Manchester to Cambridge on Sunday morning was 78mph. That included 8 miles of the M1 restricted to 50mph and 10 miles of the A14 restricted to 70mph.

But then, I can drive.

Leave a comment:

• Chantho
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I think it looks like a tight @rses dream.

Personally, I'll stick to wasting money on over-engineered German quality.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X