• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

China Arms Buildup "Alarming"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicky G View Post
    ...nuclear bunkers in Shanghai...
    The threats closer than you think. There are far more nuclear bunkers in Switzerland.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Who remember's this game?
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_over_Moscow
      http://www.crashonline.org.uk/15/rmoscow.htm

I had it on the Spectrum.

Comment

I had that on my C64 - it was a bit pants
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          I am not an expert but I would guess any build up is more defensive than aggressive, and more likely pointing east, not west.
          As China is East of Russia (south-east I think) and West of the USA I think you may have this the wrong way round for your argument?
          It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

NickyG,

Thank you for yet another illuminating post.
            I'm very concerned that the Chinese and the Russians could come and get me too.
            What course of action would you recommend? I followed your advice in your last PM, and am sitting here wearing my tin foil hat, with the windows blacked out. I did the best I could to fashion a faraday cage
            using a rabbit hutch, but it's a bit cramped in here, and now the rabbit is chewing on the furniture - but that doesn't matter - we have bigger enemies, you and me, to worry about.
            I am awaiting your instructions as to how we can best repel these strange foreign types from our borders using only household cleaning products - can I use baking powder instead of bicarb? Is it the same thing?
            Please guide us out of these troubled times and into the glorious Aryan future you prophecy.

Yours faithfully,

RH

PS. Does this mean I can't order Chinese takeaway anymore? Only, I had the gas and electric disconnected so I couldn't be traced.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
              Only, I had the gas and electric disconnected so I couldn't be traced.
              Did you get the phone disconnected?

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                Did you get the phone disconnected?
                You don't need to. I watched Die Hard 4 the other night and it is truly amazing what you can do with a simple phone and/or a computer. It was very scary. It's a good job we have that nice baldy chap to save our bacon though.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  It's a good job we have that nice baldy chap to save our bacon though.
                  Yeah, not many baldy headed guys like him around here though

Comment

I know - He's as tough as old boots. At one point in a power station, he fell about 3 floors, hitting pipes on the way down. He Got Up! How the hell did he manage that. I'm just hapy that he's fighting on our side along with John Rambo and the Terminator (the chipped one).

I mean who have the chinks got? Bruce Lee has been dead for years.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                      I know - He's as tough as old boots. At one point in a power station, he fell about 3 floors, hitting pipes on the way down. He Got Up! How the hell did he manage that. I'm just hapy that he's fighting on our side along with John Rambo and the Terminator (the chipped one).

I mean who have the chinks got? Bruce Lee has been dead for years.
                      they've got Jackie Chan - not to mention Fu Manchu.

Comment

Working...
                      X