• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long should Denny's ban last?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give her a warning, even a wrist slap, but she was right.
    What part?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      its true that.
      I once climbed up the outside of the Empire state building for charity, with suckers on my knees, blue tack on my finger tips and sellotape on the front of my trainees. I was shouting through the windows as I went past about how great I am when suddenly I fell off

And you still haven't landed back on planet earth.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        I know she goes overboard, but she had a point. This boards T&Cs seem to be applied ad hoc. I understand why she felt she was being ignored and any of us would push at such an injustice.
        She may need time to reflect on her attitude, but she is no worse than other members who are allowed to rant and rave at will.
        Give her a warning, even a wrist slap, but she was right. She often has valid points to make even if you do have to mine through half a tonne of bull before you find it.

If not letting it go is a crime then there are others who deserve a ban.
        I don't understand why she thought she was being ignored. Ferret told her that sharpness towards newbies who have not done their research is par for the course. Ask a stupid question or expect people to do their homework for you and you will probably be told as much.

What she tried to do was impose her own version of reality on the board and tell us how we should be running it.

I can also tell you that before she went to the PCG she left here and wanted her ID deleted and all her posts removed. We told her to remove her own posts if she wanted to but we were not going to delete them. Surely she must see a pattern appearing. People ridicule her posts and outlook on contracting so she leaves here and goes to the PCG. She puts people's noses out of joint there and gets banned so comes back here where she tries to take over the forum and make us run the forum the way she wants it to be run.

Yes, the boards terms and conditions are there as a general guide but being a long-term user of the board you must also know how it goes here. Over the last six months people have been warned and banned for being too aggressive, too rude and also for running multiple IDs. Yes, some people are a bit aggressive on here but when you get to know the characters on here then you understand what they are all about. CUK is an acquired taste, a bit bitter to newbies and those who will never get it but once you have got a taste for it, understand the banter and the characters then it is a unique and entertaining place.

She often has valid points to make even if you do have to mine through half a tonne of bull before you find it.
        YMMV. I thought she spoke a lot of rubbish and this was one of the contributing factors to her being banned.

Like ferret said, the contracting market is no place for touchy feely "Are you alright today Denny? What can we do to make you smile?" type rubbish, we have to be thick skinned and hard nosed, dealing with recruiters, clients, permies, accountants, HMRC etc makes you this way. If you want to be warm and have cuddles and be cared for then do not be a contractor is my advice. Hector will laugh at your tears because you messed up your accounts or did something dodgy and they will smile as they fine you (or worse!) So if a newbie asks something really basic where the answers are everywhere on this site and elsewhere on the net then is it surprising that they get short shrift?

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
          And you still haven't landed back on planet earth.
          Stop being so aggressive, let it go or I'll have you banned

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
            Hector will laugh at your tears

After they kick you in the nads

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post

After they kick you in the nads
              And then steal your wallet?

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                And then steal your wallet?
                No they do that first. Then when you ask for it back, its then you get kicked in the nads.

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
                  No they do that first. Then when you ask for it back, its then you get kicked in the nads.
                  ahh right so its

Steal your wallet
                  Watch you cry
                  Kick you in the nuts
                  Tell you its 'only fair'

Comment

Thanks Admin: I always appreciate a reasoned reponse.
                    You know how long I have been here and that I take no prisoners with stupid questions (I dont have the time). You may also know that I dont aprticularly like Denny.
                    I do not think we need protecting from her. We have got rid of her once and would happily do it again.

I find it a bit ironic that she was banned for asking you guys to implement the T&Cs.
                    Flaming the stupid and lazy is quite acceptable, but I do believe soem people are bringing down teh sensible threads.

If being rude and abusive regularly is a crime then a lot more of us should be banned.

Enough said, I am off for lunch. Which toastie?
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

If being rude and abusive regularly is a crime then a lot more of us should be banned.
                      You're alright, TLG. It is annoyoing, rude, aggressive, argumentative little sods that I would like to see banned.

Oh, hi tay.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X