• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How long should Denny's ban last?"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Please delete this thread

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    #@8#~~* $%#~@# CUK #@8#~~* $%#~@# #@8#~~* $%#~@# and another thing. that #@8#~~* $%#~@# ferret and the other #@8#~~* $%#~@# posters on that #@8#~~* $%#~@# site should all be #@8#~~* $%#~@# ................Please replace your handset and dial again
    Are you trying to type with your plaster-casted hand again?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Hello Samaritans, Denny speaking. How may I help you?
    #@8#~~* $%#~@# CUK #@8#~~* $%#~@# #@8#~~* $%#~@# and another thing. that #@8#~~* $%#~@# ferret and the other #@8#~~* $%#~@# posters on that #@8#~~* $%#~@# site should all be #@8#~~* $%#~@# ................Please replace your handset and dial again

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    <---- Samaritans Operator
    Hello Samaritans, Denny speaking. How may I help you?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    <---- Samaritans Operator

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Denny who?
    aaarrrgghhhhh!!!!

<phones samaritans>

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If anyone mentions Denny once more I am going to throw all my toys...
    Denny who?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    If anyone mentions Denny once more I am going to throw all my toys...

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Ok!!

Keep yer knickers on

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Let this thread die!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    As far as I am concerned Denny will not be returning. Ferret had asked the thread to be dropped and she wanted to continue the conversation. As well as that she decided she would email me, suggesting the thread should be made a sticky as a "lesson". If ever there was "unacceptable agression" on CUK it was from here, shame she was too wrapped up herself to ever even consider this.

As far as I am aware no-one warned her by PM or otherwise. I can see why the PCG banned her. Unlike the PCG board we do not have to justify bans to anyone. I am sure she will not be able to see why we booted her. I look back at her posts and the most viscious rants seemed to come in the evening. I think she entertained Mr Vin Rouge to excess every night and should seek help.

Yes, we do use IP information to ban persistent idiots.
    To be honest, I think you're being far too thin-skinned and very high-handed, and so are the other gits who voted for Denny to be banned indefinitely.

Yes, she may have been a bit obnoxious and negative at times. But most of us just let all that wash over us and hardly notice. In any case which of us regulars hasn't posted a negative rant at some time or another, or taken a pop at the moderators? Let him or her who is without sin throw the first stone. OUCH! OK, who threw that? Come on, who threw it?

OH in "pssed as a mattress" mode

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Who's Denny?

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Now....can someone tell me wtf happened to Denny?
    Some fairly small things, but many times over. Then, started a thread criticising the moderators to provoke an argument, after being told to leave something alone by a moderator.

I think most moderators would issue a ban in those circumstances.

(Alternative interpretation: opened a third bottle and carried on posting.)

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    CUK is an acquired taste, a bit bitter to newbies and those who will never get it but once you have got a taste for it, understand the banter and the characters then it is a unique and entertaining place.
    I couldn't agree more. I love this place

If you want to be warm and have cuddles and be cared for then do not be a contractor is my advice.
    ...or come see me - cuddles all round

Now....can someone tell me wtf happened to Denny?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    What's the problem with multiple IDs? I mean where's the harm, as long as they don't start big arguments with each other?
    I got a warning, and my two ID's were arguing with each other Go figure Eh!

I personally do not think multiple ID's should be permitted.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X