• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long should Denny's ban last?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    They have the power to. Only recently is was implied someone wasn't on the continent they claimed to be, seeing as NTL isn't known to be available over there!
    They do have the power(I have seen the mods state this a couple of times) but I use the same ip as a banned user. And I am still here.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Could well have been. But isn't there a difference between a PM and a ban?

BTW you forgot to call me a BGB!
      Why do you want to be a BGB? Erm ok fair enough, you are a BGB!!

Happy now

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        They do have the power(I have seen the mods state this a couple of times) but I use the same ip as a banned user. And I am still here.

Maybe not for much longer. Braggers always come unstuck in the end!

Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

As far as I am concerned Denny will not be returning. Ferret had asked the thread to be dropped and she wanted to continue the conversation. As well as that she decided she would email me, suggesting the thread should be made a sticky as a "lesson". If ever there was "unacceptable agression" on CUK it was from here, shame she was too wrapped up herself to ever even consider this.

As far as I am aware no-one warned her by PM or otherwise. I can see why the PCG banned her. Unlike the PCG board we do not have to justify bans to anyone. I am sure she will not be able to see why we booted her. I look back at her posts and the most viscious rants seemed to come in the evening. I think she entertained Mr Vin Rouge to excess every night and should seek help.

Yes, we do use IP information to ban persistent idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Maybe not for much longer. Braggers always come unstuck in the end!

its true that.
            I once climbed up the outside of the Empire state building for charity, with suckers on my knees, blue tack on my finger tips and sellotape on the front of my trainees. I was shouting through the windows as I went past about how great I am when suddenly I fell off

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post

Comment

As far as I am concerned Denny will not be returning. Ferret had asked the thread to be dropped and she wanted to continue the conversation. As well as that she decided she would email me, suggesting the thread should be made a sticky as a "lesson". If ever there was "unacceptable agression" on CUK it was from here, shame she was too wrapped up herself to ever even consider this.

As far as I am aware no-one warned her by PM or otherwise. I can see why the PCG banned her. Unlike the PCG board we do not have to justify bans to anyone. I am sure she will not be able to see why we booted her. I look back at her posts and the most viscious rants seemed to come in the evening. I think she entertained Mr Vin Rouge to excess every night and should seek help.

Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I know she goes overboard, but she had a point. This boards T&Cs seem to be applied ad hoc. I understand why she felt she was being ignored and any of us would push at such an injustice.
                  She may need time to reflect on her attitude, but she is no worse than other members who are allowed to rant and rave at will.
                  Give her a warning, even a wrist slap, but she was right. She often has valid points to make even if you do have to mine through half a tonne of bull before you find it.

If not letting it go is a crime then there are others who deserve a ban.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    So it's true, you can teach old dogs old tricks.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I can see why the PCG banned her. Unlike the PCG board we do not have to justify bans to anyone
                      And that is game, set and match.

Comment

Working...
                      X