• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

caught speeding 63mph in 40 :(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASB View Post
    If you can move into the left lane then you are arguably driving without due consideration for other road users anyway (bit like everybody really). So if you were in the right position on the road to start with then the cretin wouldn't cause you a problem would he? [tongue very firmly in cheek smiley]
    And if you re-read my post I was talking about how somebody could tailgate somebody to get them to speed up and move to a gap quicker. i.e. there is a car on the left but a chunk of clear road in front of it.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      And if you re-read my post I was talking about how somebody could tailgate somebody to get them to speed up and move to a gap quicker. i.e. there is a car on the left but a chunk of clear road in front of it.
      Tony, you really should let other road users intimidate you.

A swift dab of the break pedal usually sorts them out.

Not that I'm advocating such a reckless course of action.

Churchill - In "Roadcraft" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        now I are one!
        Your English is coming along nicely, Churchy. In a couple of years time you'll be ready to go sit your Key Stage 2 test.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          Your English is coming along nicely, Churchy. In a couple of years time you'll be ready to go sit your Key Stage 2 test.
          It's meant to be spoken in a west-country accent and said as spelt.

Now, make me a cup of tea and while you're at it don't forget the custard creams!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            It's meant to be spoken in a west-country accent and said as spelt.
            You is not very convincing.

Comment

I'm in court tomorrow for 37 in a 30. I'll let you know how I get on!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                You are practically a murderer. I hope they let out a few child molesters to make room for you in prison.

Comment

Sharia court? I'd agree with them giving 10 lashes to MF

Comment

Right, just preparing my defense. I'm going to go with I'm a famous footballer trying to avoid the paparazzi!
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Right, just preparing my defense.
                      That's not defence old chap, that's obstruction of justice...

Comment

Working...
                      X