• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

caught speeding 63mph in 40 :(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Yes, but they're incorrect in their belief.
    Your opinion is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      I'm not trying to be obtuse, but I can't see why anyone would do that.
      Do what?

If somebody tailgates me I will stick to the speed limit. However I have seen people speed up to hurry to the gap allowing them to pull over. Why should I be forced into breaking the law by some idiot trying to get me out of the way so that they can go faster. If there is nothing next to me then I will pull over allowing the loon through, but I'm not about to speed up to allow him to do it.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        Do what?

If somebody tailgates me I will stick to the speed limit. However I have seen people speed up to hurry to the gap allowing them to pull over. Why should I be forced into breaking the law by some idiot trying to get me out of the way so that they can go faster. If there is nothing next to me then I will pull over allowing the loon through, but I'm not about to speed up to allow him to do it.
        You shouldn't be forced into it - neither should anyone else. I've never met/seen anyone who was.

Comment

"You shouldn't be forced into it - neither should anyone else. I've never met/seen anyone who was."

You are seriously saying that you have never seen anybody tailgate somebody and then force that person out of the way. I've seen people panic when some clown rides the boot of their car - sometimes almost causing an accident in the lane that they move into.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

"You shouldn't be forced into it - neither should anyone else. I've never met/seen anyone who was."

You are seriously saying that you have never seen anybody tailgate somebody and then force that person out of the way. I've seen people panic when some clown rides the boot of their car - sometimes almost causing an accident in the lane that they move into.
            Fair enough - I didn't want to start a row about it - no I haven't but I accept you have. I thought you were saying it was an excuse for speeding that's all - and I don't think it is - but I'm really not trying to be a git about it (honest).

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              just received a Notice of Intended prosecution for doing 63mph in a 40. It was on the princess parkway, manchester dual carraige way just before the 40 turns to 50 to 70 (M56) in the space of half a mile.

There was no fixed penalty offer in with the letter, anyone else been in a similar situation? I'm assuming i'll get a court date through the post sometime soon after replying.
              No, they'll just cut off your hand.

Comment

Do what?

If you can move into the left lane then you are arguably driving without due consideration for other road users anyway (bit like everybody really). So if you were in the right position on the road to start with then the cretin wouldn't cause you a problem would he? [tongue very firmly in cheek smiley]

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                  If you can move into the left lane then you are arguably driving without due consideration for other road users anyway (bit like everybody really). So if you were in the right position on the road to start with then the cretin wouldn't cause you a problem would he? [tongue very firmly in cheek smiley]
                  But you could argue that you were merely preventing them from breaking the law by speeding, so showing much consideration for them.
                  It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

A tip, if you ever want to check if your TV remote is working, look at the IR emitter with a digital camera...

You will then see what I mean...
                    Neat trick. How the hell did you find out about that one?

Edit: I thought hell was a swear word. Why hasn't it been tuliped?
                    Last edited by KentPhilip; 9 February 2008, 16:32. Reason: hell on earth

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                      Neat trick. How the hell did you find out about that one?

Edit: I thought hell was a swear word. Why hasn't it been tuliped?
                      Last week I couldn't spell engineer, now I are one!

Comment

Working...
                      X