• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gulp - Weather moan!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marina View Post
    A year or two ago there was a program about that farm. Apparently when building the M62 they wanted to clear it. But the stubborn old coot living there at the time wouldn't move out, and for some reason they couldn't legally shift them.
    There is a similar one on the M6 in the Lakes, the farmer was on Look North appealing for a bride a few months back !

No severe weather on my bit of the M62 but we had a 2 hour power cut last night. I remembered I was supposed to buy some candles and a torch a few months back but never quite got round to it.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      OK, own up, who is Wilmslow?

He's not me...I mean I'm not him....oh, whatever
      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        Yes, this morning for me.

Blizzards on the M62, signes covered in snow.

A car got blown off the motorway into the Little House on the Prairie field (between the carriageways). I called it in, the police said would you believe the driver just called him, so at least he is still alive!

Extreme winds on the tops there, just hoping that the predicted snow from Scotland mid-afternoon does not come for my commute home. Bad enough driving in snow blizzard, without any sticking!

I'm in Edinburgh and it IS snowing...but only in little bursts and it's not staying. It is very cold though and the winds are quite strong.
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

A year or two ago there was a program about that farm. Apparently when building the M62 they wanted to clear it. But the stubborn old coot living there at the time wouldn't move out, and for some reason they couldn't legally shift them.

IIRC they couldn't build the motorway through the farm due to the relief of the land. So they were always going to leave the farm alone.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Despite severe weather warnings for Scotland and snow / blizzards expected overnight it's fine here in the West. No sign of any snow and the wind is dying down a bit too.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Down in Winchester, bright and sunny, best day of the week so far

Comment

Bright and Sunny in Central London too.

Comment

John Shuttleworth does a great song about that farm

http://www.last.fm/music/John+Shuttl...ves+on+the+M62

"I feel like the man the lives,
                  on that farm that sits,
                  in the middle of the M62.

I thought it would be alright,
                  now I can't sleep at night,
                  some things you cannot undo.
                  "

Comment

Not according to look north west a few months back. They said that due to the shape of the land that the plan was always to go around the farm.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

It's cold and windy in the North-East. It's been windy all week, gales and so on. It's been snowing since mid-morning here with no sign of letting up. Very glad I work from home, if I was at work I'd be dreading the train being delayed and the roads full of hopeless cases. If I wanted to, I could even crack open some warming whisky while I work... it is Friday after all.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X