• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gulp - Weather moan!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Hmm, should I re-examine my desire to go out and get a kebab?
    Oh yes, and get me one whilst you're there!

Chilli sauce too please.
    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Wilmslow is a great creation, but not one of mine. Ok which of you is it? It's good but not as good as Chico.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
        Oh yes, and get me one whilst you're there!

Chilli sauce too please.
        No, all kebabs are mine!

Just checked outside and it's very calm here - not a sign of bad weather

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          Signs on the M62 today advising of extreme weather for Friday.

Really dreading tomorrow's commute - windy as heck today, also loads of snow up there as it is, but, thankfully not sticking on the motorway. Very twitchy as still have my light weight non ESP Fiesta for another couple of weeks!

Dreading to see what the motorway will be like if this forecasted snowfall does appear.

Really thinking of leaving at 5:30, get my hours in by 2 then leave.

Not good out there, be safe all....
          So... anyone seen any extreme weather?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            So... anyone seen any extreme weather?
            Yes, this morning for me.

Blizzards on the M62, signes covered in snow.

A car got blown off the motorway into the Little House on the Prairie field (between the carriageways). I called it in, the police said would you believe the driver just called him, so at least he is still alive!

Extreme winds on the tops there, just hoping that the predicted snow from Scotland mid-afternoon does not come for my commute home. Bad enough driving in snow blizzard, without any sticking!

Comment

A car got blown off the motorway into the Little House on the Prairie field (between the carriageways)
              I always used to beep my horn and salute that guy whenever I went past.

What a nutcase, who'd choose to live between two 3 lane carriageways? Are there still those sheep hanging around the house as well?
              Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

OK, own up, who is Wilmslow?
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Wilmslow is a great creation, but not one of mine. Ok which of you is it? It's good but not as good as Chico.
                  There's a lot of local factual knowledge in there, would anybody really put that much effort in !?

Nobody answered my question yesterday on Bob Shawadiwadi ? Did he just fade away ?

Comment

Yes, this morning for me.

Blizzards on the M62, signes covered in snow.

A car got blown off the motorway into the Little House on the Prairie field (between the carriageways). I called it in, the police said would you believe the driver just called him, so at least he is still alive!

Extreme winds on the tops there, just hoping that the predicted snow from Scotland mid-afternoon does not come for my commute home. Bad enough driving in snow blizzard, without any sticking!
                    A year or two ago there was a program about that farm. Apparently when building the M62 they wanted to clear it. But the stubborn old coot living there at the time wouldn't move out, and for some reason they couldn't legally shift them.

Comment

Signs on the M62 today advising of extreme weather for Friday.

Really dreading tomorrow's commute - windy as heck today, also loads of snow up there as it is, but, thankfully not sticking on the motorway. Very twitchy as still have my light weight non ESP Fiesta for another couple of weeks!

Dreading to see what the motorway will be like if this forecasted snowfall does appear.

Really thinking of leaving at 5:30, get my hours in by 2 then leave.

Not good out there, be safe all....
                      Move South. The weather's fine down here.

Comment

Working...
                      X