• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dog leash Goths 'hounded off bus'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Not being medically proficient in the slightest, I can't work out how oxygen starving can happen at birth. You survive well enough in the womb, and they don't cut the umbilical until you're outside, so at what point do they tizwas it up?
    I am the first child in my family and I was born in hospital. My parents decided that they would have a home birth for my first sister.

When she was born, the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck and my Dad had to rig up the oxygen so that she could breath
    She has always been somewhat "highly strung"

Needless to say, my Mother went back to the hospital when my second sister was due.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      My parents decided that they would have a home birth for my first sister.
      Having watched the birth of my own child in hospital I have never understood why anyone would ever contemplate this unless they were living in the dark ages.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        Having watched the birth of my own child in hospital I have never understood why anyone would ever contemplate this unless they were living in the dark ages.
        Well, it was 1973

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          Well, it was 1973
          Hardly the dark ages old chap

Comment

Hardly the dark ages old chap
            I dunno. Seem to remember lots of power cuts in those days.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Maybe the ideal scenario for those wanting natural/home births is to hire a campervan and park it outside the A&E department. If things start to get messy, wheel her through the door. That way mother and baby would only be exposed to all those superbugs if absolutely necessary.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                Not being medically proficient in the slightest, I can't work out how oxygen starving can happen at birth. You survive well enough in the womb, and they don't cut the umbilical until you're outside, so at what point do they tizwas it up?

My mum says I was one of the first to be born using some sort of plunger/sucking device that no doubt has since been banned. Cheers NHS, I've seen better looking elephants.
                Ventouse is the sucky thingie and usually used with forceps to get the little blighter out.

Birth is such a traumatic time for the baby my advice would be to go for elective caesarean every time - it's also the preferred method of delivery for female consultant paediatricians when they give birth to their own sprogs

HTH
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                X