• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can giblets be used?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free ? advertising

Interesting the line By HFW & Jamie Oliver is it only costs £1 more to have a 'freedom' chicken and the farmer only makes a paltry 3p a chicken.

One wonders how much the supermarkets who coincidentally provide a fair amount of cash to these two make out of a both types of chicken.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Quite a lot of own label supermarket chicken and virtually all chicken in processed foods is actually from Thailand. Laughable UK labelling laws allow the retailer to use the country of last processing as the "Produced in" label so they're shipped in from Thailand and repacked in processing plants here. The label says: "British Chicken" or "Produced in the UK" or somesuch.

Comment

My gf loves to eat the giblets after the chicken comes out of the oven. I find it a bit wierd personally!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy View Post
          My gf loves to eat the giblets after the chicken comes out of the oven. I find it a bit wierd personally!!!!
          Take some advice ?

Get rid of her now!

It is only a short step from doing a Jeffrey Dahmer. Check the fridge for human body parts
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Still, it's nice to know she'll put anything in her mouth.

Anyway...

I though giblets were only good for dropping into people's open bags on buses or on the underground. Either that or leaving in someone's desk on the last day of term.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I can do you free range Sussex Starlings.

Comment

My wife fries them and eats them. She says their offally good. The kids like them as well. Can't stand them myself, but I do like andouillette.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I do like andouillette.
                  You are kidding,, right? "The most disgusting food on earth"?
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

No, boudin noir is the most disgusting food.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
                      Wouldn't have anything else. Life is too short to eat chicken that tastes of nothing and is loaded with fat because it's spent all of its short life in a two square metre shed with 20 million other chickens.

I use these people for my meat. All free range and properly matured, they even do a regular box scheme.

http://www.devonrose.com/

[I notice the site is down at the moment though]
                      Afternoon LB - have to try that site, looks like it will deliver to me too. I use a local butcher (Horsell) that does some great meat including Sutton Hoo free range organic chickens and great Salt Marsh lamb.
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X