• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How can giblets be used?"

Collapse

• chef
    replied
    you got me wondering if there was any other use apart from stuffing and/or gravy for giblets..

found this

"Risotto with Giblets
    The thrifty Italian Jewish cook wasted no part of the chicken. And it's easy for us to buy inexpensive giblets for this rich and delectable risotto. Donatella Pavoncello, in her delightful Dal 1880 ad oggi: la cucina dalla mia famiglia, cooks the rice in the giblet sauce and spoons some reserved sauce on top. I find it's easier to make the sauce, cook the rice, and then combine the two. That way you don't run the risk of gummy overcooked rice. Incidentally, this sauce is also wonderful tossed with pappardelle"
    linky

WTF!!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    That's just low-fat black pudding. Andouillette is a pig's rectum stuffed with the large intestines and any other left over rubbish from the guts. What makes it so spectacularly bad is the smell: it smells and tastes of pig slurry.

Whereas most disgusting food is disgusting because it is disgusting to think about, andouillette is disgusting because it is disgusting.
    The smell is bad. But it tastes good.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Now that made me laugh. Nice use of euphemisms.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I am so naive!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Weltchy View Post
    My gf loves to eat the giblets after the chicken comes out of the oven. I find it a bit wierd personally!!!!

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    No, boudin noir is the most disgusting food.
    That's just low-fat black pudding. Andouillette is a pig's rectum stuffed with the large intestines and any other left over rubbish from the guts. What makes it so spectacularly bad is the smell: it smells and tastes of pig slurry.

Whereas most disgusting food is disgusting because it is disgusting to think about, andouillette is disgusting because it is disgusting.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    My gf loves to eat the giblets after the chicken comes out of the oven.

Awwww, such a good line and people have beaten me to it...

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
    Wouldn't have anything else. Life is too short to eat chicken that tastes of nothing and is loaded with fat because it's spent all of its short life in a two square metre shed with 20 million other chickens.

I use these people for my meat. All free range and properly matured, they even do a regular box scheme.

http://www.devonrose.com/

[I notice the site is down at the moment though]
    Afternoon LB - have to try that site, looks like it will deliver to me too. I use a local butcher (Horsell) that does some great meat including Sutton Hoo free range organic chickens and great Salt Marsh lamb.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    No, boudin noir is the most disgusting food.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I do like andouillette.
    You are kidding,, right? "The most disgusting food on earth"?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    My gf loves to eat the giblets after the chicken comes out of the oven. I find it a bit wierd personally!!!!
    My wife fries them and eats them. She says their offally good. The kids like them as well. Can't stand them myself, but I do like andouillette.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    I can do you free range Sussex Starlings.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied

Still, it's nice to know she'll put anything in her mouth.

Anyway...

I though giblets were only good for dropping into people's open bags on buses or on the underground. Either that or leaving in someone's desk on the last day of term.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Take some advice ?

Get rid of her now!

It is only a short step from doing a Jeffrey Dahmer. Check the fridge for human body parts

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X