• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The "Feel the love" thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    what location/job role
    Location : Preferably Yorks/Lancs, otherwise UK, otherwise Worldwide.

Role : Difficult to answer succinctly. (I guess that's the bulk of my problem). In addition to (perhaps overly) broad skills I always seem to accidentaly niche myself. I did it with RPG/IBM midrance in the late 80's & early 90's then had to take the pain. Now i've gone and done it again with VisualFoxPro.

ok here goes : 15 years database development + 7 years MIS dept management + 6 years PM. Would also be comfortable in some BA roles but don't have formal BA quals or formal methodologies. Never got around to doing Prince or ITIL, so struggling with many current PM roles.

Also looking at senior level dev roles (VFP/SQL) but now that MS have canned VFP, dev roles are like hens teeth. Contract VFP roles are like rocking-horse hens teeth.

Might even have to go perm again (horror) and train into something new. Have been semi-productive with bench time with a few small projects + since I came from an OO dev background I've been teaching myself C#.

Main block to success is that i've got myself into a bit of a downer-funk with it all. Must get over that ASAP.

Also, must not post on here all day and go find a job
    Kneel before Bod

Comment

Originally posted by Bod View Post
      ...I've been teaching myself C#.

Main block to success is that i've got myself into a bit of a downer-funk with it all. Must get over that ASAP.
      ASAP.NET

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        ASAP.NET
        Kneel before Bod

Comment

As soon as there's a bit of loving around, people start trawling for jobs. Eh? Eh? What's this all about then? This thread needs a bit more saccharin.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            As soon as there's a bit of loving around, people start trawling for jobs. Eh? Eh? What's this all about then? This thread needs a bit more saccharin.

I love you!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
              I love you!
              Aww bless, little Moosey. I'm sorry I tried to eviscerate you my antlered friend. Here's some hugs for everyon...

No, no I'm sorry, I just can't do it. I just reached my 'cuddly' threshold - STABBITY STAB STAB STAB SLICE GOUGE HACK STABBITY SLASH CARVE STABBAGE

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                Aww bless, little Moosey. I'm sorry I tried to eviscerate you my antlered friend. Here's some hugs for everyon...

No, no I'm sorry, I just can't do it. I just reached my 'cuddly' threshold - STABBITY STAB STAB STAB SLICE GOUGE HACK STABBITY SLASH CARVE STABBAGE
                Ouch!

I still love you!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                  Ouch!

I still love you!
                  Ach. Virtual stabbing's just not the same. Here, let's play catch <removes pin>...

Comment

Given everyone is so miserable today ... it must be time to resurrect this thread!
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                      Given everyone is so miserable today ... it must be time to resurrect this thread!
                      I'm dead happy
                      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Working...
                      X