• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Audi A6 and BMW 5 Series too fancy ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    are we talking the new civic type r

or the old integra type r - which was a great car
    I have neither, it's the last gen Civic Type-r.

The proper one with multi-link suspension, the one that's quicker than the new one.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
      Surely you have an Android app for that.
      I'm writing one. An iPhone is SOoooooooooooo.......... 2009..........
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I have an A6 estate.....comfy!!!
        A bad workman blames his fools

EDIT: *tools

stupid keyboard.

http://twitter.com/TheAnonTechGuy

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          No need to apologise it's nice to meet someone with taste!

Corrado is a nice car but never really saw many of them about.
          FTFY.

You don't see that many. I had a VR6, I still miss it.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            I have neither, it's the last gen Civic Type-r.

The proper one with multi-link suspension, the one that's quicker than the new one.
            Seconded. I have one of the "previous" Civic Type-R's also. Don't care that its seen as a chav car, and is a bit uncomfortable on long journeys. Show it a road with a few bends on, and it sticks a huge grin on my face.

Comment

Originally posted by blacksheep View Post
              Seconded. I have one of the "previous" Civic Type-R's also. Don't care that its seen as a chav car, and is a bit uncomfortable on long journeys. Show it a road with a few bends on, and it sticks a huge grin on my face.
              Chavs drive 'S' reg BMW 318's with the badge taken off cos' they is bling innit.

I bought my CTR because you simply can't beat the package for the price.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                Chavs drive 'S' reg BMW 318's with the badge taken off cos' they is bling innit.

I bought my CTR because you simply can't beat the package for the price.
                I think some engineers had a ton of fun putting the previous CTR all together also. Too many accountants and managers got involved in the new one, so its not as fun and not as reliable either.

Comment

going onto the original topic.

I don't think Audi A6's and BMW 5 series are necessarily too fancy. With a generous lease arrangement or a few lies on the application paperwork, I'm sure lots of people could get one.

Get a car you're happy with, and you aren't going to stress about when you park it at the client site.

If that gets worrying, get an older/cheaper/c**pier car for client work, and a more shiny one for the weekends!

Comment

Too German
                    Too Common

Comment

Maybe get a lovely car, but a couple of years old so it doesn't look all shiny.

Then park near management so it doesn't stick out.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X