• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Audi A6 and BMW 5 Series too fancy ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Are you talking about the Jap Import only STi version with 265bhp? The UK ones have no go in them.
    He probably can't remember given that he said it over a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      He probably can't remember given that he said it over a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        Agreed, Mazda 6 MPS is the perfect contractor car.
        I'm slowly but surely coming round to that idea. However, haven't they stopped making them?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          I'm slowly but surely coming round to that idea. However, haven't they stopped making them?
          There's a 3.7l turbo version, it maybe the coming 2010 MPS, been spotted skidding about the snow on and off the Roskilde raceway. Looks an awful lot like the concept car they were showing off at the Paris Motor Show.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I can vouch for getting something less flash and more stealthy.

Only time I've been canned before my time was when I started turning up in a brand spank Lotus. Now car people know they're not exactly supercars or have the price tag to match, but your average permie manager doesn't think that.

Nowadays I drive the cheapest piece of reliable crap that I dare. Bonus is I don't give a tulip who dents it in car parks or where I leave it overnight.

Overly flash cars are for those trying to keep up with the joneses. I don't live in Wales.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              There's a 3.7l turbo version, it maybe the coming 2010 MPS, been spotted skidding about the snow on and off the Roskilde raceway. Looks an awful lot like the concept car they were showing off at the Paris Motor Show.
              Ohhhhh. BHP?

(Need a "sensible" car to be able to get it past the Chancellor...)

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Ohhhhh. BHP?

(Need a "sensible" car to be able to get it past the Chancellor...)
                Well, that'll be completely down to how they finally chip it. At that size it could be anything between 250 for ultimate flatness through the entire rev range, or go for peak lunacy with 400. I'd guess 280 and let it be known how to achieve an easy bit of after-market chippery to push to 340.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I would advise you to ignore whining permies, take a few cars out for a test drive and buy the one you like most. If it’s expensive and you’re concerned about the impression you give to permies, just be a bit considerate about where you park it at clientco. Don’t roll up and demonstrably park it next to the permie manager’s Vectra, but find a quiet spot somewhere in a corner of the car park and arrive a little earlier or later than everyone else. Don’t leave your expensive brand car keys on your desk or on the table at lunch; it offends the permies and it shows you up as a pleb.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Show up in a vintage Jag E type. that'll impress them. Only £30K for a good one.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

FFS, my watch cost more than most of the permies cars.
                      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                      X