• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This Denny bird ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would News of the World reporters want from this site?

Ahh, I understand now, photo of all the girlies having a bit too much to drink!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      snip It is a pity that some contractors on the PcG decided that ir35 was beneficial to them - and to hell with the rest of the contracting community for which, by the way, the PCG is also supposed to represent. If that hadn't happened I probably would still be posting away merrily now.

snip
      How could IR35 possibly benefit any contractors?

(why do you think that posting FACT in caps before some nonsense will make anyone believe it?)

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Considering that there are two News of the World journalists on here determined to distort the facts and dig dirt on me - here is my account.

FACT: The PCG is supposed to be a lobbying group to reform IR35, or eradicate it altogether.

FACT: Some bright spark on the PCG decided that ir35 wasn't that big a deal after all and that it was tough if people got caught becuase the confusion was beneficial for others.

FACT: I then started a discussion in the context of the not so wizzard suggestion that perhaps the next best thing was to ensure that anyone who had been on any client site in same role or referred to another for a year or more should be taxed as if inside ir3whilst those on site for less than that should be outside ir35 by default. This, I reasoned, was a better way of reforimg ir35 than messing about with the present confusion we have over having rights of sub, no MOO etc.

FACT: I then got bullied by a group of posters on PCG that suggested that I was some sort of traitor because I believed that ir35 was OK for high paying Directors who were on long projects.

I also got a couple of extremely offensive PMs from PCG members unprompted by any I had sent to them. I complained to the Mods because of their offensive nature and these posters were apparently taken to task.

The bullying then got worse and unfortunately, on the forum, I called a couple of these bulllies insulting things which were true, very rude admittedly, and so unacceptable to forum rules.

I then got banned for 2 days .....well you know the rest.

As for Vito earlier this year on CUK. He catagorically accused me of having accused him of tax evasion. This was absolute rubbish and I did nothing of the sort. It was simply taken that way and the attributed to me as a quote. If I was revealed under my business name as having said that I would have had grounds to sue for slander.

It is clear that there are a couple of people of here, and who clearly post on the PCG, who have their own selfish agenda at heart and will do anything to prevent opposing opinion to what they perceive is their own best interests - even if that is at the expense of other contractors.

My stance is that any policy about ir35 and so on should benefit ALL contractors - not the richest few who turnover in excess of £100K per year every year. These people, in my mind, only make up a tiny fraction of the contractor community and does not typically represent freelancer working patterns. (I should know was I was a sole trader long before becoming a limited co.op).

As I have said all along, both on here and the PCG, I am totally opposed to ir35 in any shape or form for all contractors. But if some numpty decides to reform it rather than get rid of it altogether then they should expect some alternative views as to how it should be reformed and who should most benefit from these reforms.

It is a pity that some contractors on the PcG decided that ir35 was beneficial to them - and to hell with the rest of the contracting community for which, by the way, the PCG is also supposed to represent. If that hadn't happened I probably would still be posting away merrily now.

There you have it.
        Does the horses arse get overtime rates at Christmas?
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
          I may be wrong but I don't think that was the point she was making. The point is that any changes to the existing IR35 regulations should be made to benefit all contractors and not a select few. Hence the gripe with the PCG as they are supposed to represent the best interests of all contractors.

Comment

It won't. That's my point.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              I may be wrong but I don't think that was the point she was making. The point is that any changes to the existing IR35 regulations should be made to benefit all contractors and not a select few. Hence the gripe with the PCG as they are supposed to represent the best interests of all contractors.
              At last! Someone who can actually read.

Comment

Who gives a **** about IR35 at Xmas?!!!!

Denny - you seem like a nice person to be fair - just very very serious. Which isn't a crime...

If people are seriously out to get you, then you have my deepest sympathy, you really do. And I hope you're not genuinely being bullied/hounded etc.

But come on man, it's Xmas!!! Say something Xmassy and giz a big Xmas lesbo snog
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

oi oi girls snogging it's xmas for sure

Comment

(why do you think that posting FACT in caps before some nonsense will make anyone believe it?)
                    Well, it encouraged me and several others to move to Denmark, which incidentally now tops many polls for 'e-gov' type things, wherein the UK comes down the bottom.

This is not just a co-incidence.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                      Who gives a **** about IR35 at Xmas?!!!!

Denny - you seem like a nice person to be fair - just very very serious. Which isn't a crime...

If people are seriously out to get you, then you have my deepest sympathy, you really do. And I hope you're not genuinely being bullied/hounded etc.

But come on man, it's Xmas!!! Say something Xmassy and giz a big Xmas lesbo snog
                      Failing that, get you "bakery products" out.

Comment

Working...
                      X