• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guardian - wtf reporting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found this after googling for info on the fuel strike on Saturday (panic buy people - its the only way)

This article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/feedarticle?id=7150769

UK truckers' group the Road Haulage Association has distanced itself from the planned protests, saying direct action was counter-productive.
    UK Truckers group? WTF? Did a 17 year old journalism wannabe right that. Since when its the RHA a fecking truckers group.

Yes by thier name they are concerned with the haulage of good by the UK road network but they are much more including statory objectors for a lot of industrial planning apoplications.

If they don't play ball your new warehouse / operating center probably isnt going to happen.

Its like refering to Oxfam as a charity that feeds the terminaly lazy - otherwise why would they need aid. Fecking reporters not understanding feck all about the world thinking they are erin fecking brockovich.

Sockpuppet in "miffed" mode.

So how come we've not seen any of this in the media SP? Here, and that article you linked are the only things I've seen about it. Nowt on Beeb, Sky or ITV so far and nothing online either.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Something ought to be done about the way that newspaper is funded. It's just not right. Allowing it to continue is pittiful. Clue to Gordon: the grauniad has loads-a-money that'd be better given to EDS ^H^H^H hard working families.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        So how come we've not seen any of this in the media SP? Here, and that article you linked are the only things I've seen about it. Nowt on Beeb, Sky or ITV so far and nothing online either.
        sky

itv

bbc

Google News

HTH
        Last edited by chef; 14 December 2007, 11:51.
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          I suspect that there is some high level pressure on the news not to blow it out of proportion. Which are all are doing.

But I'm waiting for the "Breaking News" headlines to start on Sat. Half of me thinks that the refineries will not force the drivers to go out delivering. After all they are not making any money from the extra fuel tax they would however make more money if the duty was reduced as presumably people would buy more.

But thats me being synical.

I'm hoping for a country halt grinding stoppage. We might finally rid our selves of the labour govt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            I'm hoping for a country halt grinding stoppage. We might finally rid our selves of the labour govt.
            Hear hear

Just been out and filled up with diesel.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Fuel protest convoy set to roll

A day of action by farmers and hauliers is set take place on Saturday in protest at the rising cost of fuel.

The Road Haulage Association said a convoy of 30 lorries and heavy goods vehicles would make its way from Hamilton to Stirling along major roads.

A group calling itself Transaction2007 has also said it would stage a protest at the Grangemouth refinery.

Linky
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                Gruadain.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  Gruadain.
                  Grauniad.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                  X