• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Time"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Time is nature’s way of preventing everything happening at once…
    Space is natures way of making sure it doesnt all happen to you.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      How newtonian you both are.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        I do okay with x and y, but lately I've been feeling that z is all in the mind.
        I know who x is, but who are y and z?

Comment

The relatively huge distance within and between atoms is what makes the universe so big. If the distance between electrons, neutrons etc were brought down to a minimum, the entire universe would be the the size of a football.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
            The relatively huge distance within and between atoms is what makes the universe so big. If the distance between electrons, neutrons etc were brought down to a minimum, the entire universe would be the the size of a football.
            Yes, a football the size of the entire universe.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Why go to all the trouble of having three space dimensions when two would do?

Comment

Stick with 11. The maths is better.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Yes, a football the size of the entire universe.
                  That's a BIG football. Imagine trying to head that!

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                    Time does not exist. It is an intangible creation of man's mind to comprehend the order of events in our universe. Event occur in a linear mechanism and hence we see things unfolding as if in a logical order, one after another, and so we believe that "time" is passing by. "Time" has been created by man to facilitate our understanding of how the universe chooses to decide the flow of these events.

In other universes, events occur in no particular order - events can be here, now, or there, then, or somewhere way back when. There is no logical order of flow and so there is no "time". For us, with our limited linear concept of "time", this is chaotic and incomprehensible. But there, everything is in the now, in the present - "time" is spatial and not dependent on an orderly unfolding of events.
                    I've just wasted £2000 on a Rolex
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Time - He flexes like a whore Falls w@nking to the floor His trick is you and me, boy
                      If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Working...
                      X