• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much will you spend on a significant other this Xmas?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Just think about that poor old pensioner who fought so you can enjoy your freedom, and he's lonely and cold this Christmas. If it wasn't for the likes of him you'd have to act like grown ups instead of lavishing 100s of pounds on toys for adult children. I bet he feels like a proper sponger.

FFS I want to top myself. I agree with Baggy. What's the world coming to?

PS I will be making a donation to the Legion, thanks for the prod.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
      Yep. We have a thing where we open our big pressies in the morning, then we fill a big santa stocking for each other..and by the time you add it all up, easily over £500 quid...

I see it as the one time in the year that I get to splash out on her..so why not...
      What about Birthday? Valentines Day? I've got PMT and want a nice shiny pressie day?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        The other thread is here.
        Thanks. I remember the original story in the papers about the tight footie players....was shocking....
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

For all you selfish over-indulgers, this is a charity well worth contributing to.
          You can't accuse them of being spongers, they have put their lives on the line for you:

So make or a donation or I'll send the heavy boys round

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            What about Birthday? Valentines Day? I've got PMT and want a nice shiny pressie day?
            Nah, not really. I see valentines day as over inflated bollorks...her birthday is one she doesn't really ask for much...but I buy her little pressies all the time..
            "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              FFS I want to top myself. I agree with Baggy. What's the world coming to?

PS I will be making a donation to the Legion, thanks for the prod.
              I was half joking
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Are you feeling alright?!!!

You missed this

"the one time in the year that I get to splash out on her.."

and instead wrote something constructive and quite loving

Is Ferret writing your posts again?
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  I was half joking
                  But I'm not.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

For all you selfish over-indulgers, this is a charity well worth contributing to.
                    You can't accuse them of being spongers, they have put their lives on the line for you:

for once, i fully agree with you sas, done, just donated..
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Seconded. I give regularly to the Legion via Giftaid. A worthy UK based charity that genuinely does good work.

For putting in the tin I give to the Salvation Army. Whether you agree with their religious beliefs or not they do good work and my dear granddad would spin in his grave if I walked past and didn't contribute a little. He was very anti-religion but wouldn't have a bad word said against them due to his experiences in the war. He used to say they were some of the bravest people he'd come across when he was fighting in Normandy - "without exception they were always the first in and the last out", he said.

He got into more than one altercation during and after the war with the stay-at-home folks who spat on them in the street and called them cowards.

As for people less well off than me, I choose thoughtful and hopefully useful gifts that would be within their budget too. I feel it puts those on a budget in an awkward and embarrassing spot if you lavish gifts on them.

Comment

Working...
                      X