• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much will you spend on a significant other this Xmas?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I like it, I hope you wrap it up in the sunday supplement for maximum saving
    Wrapping paper, ribbons and bows are not included in the budget. Nor are postage costs.

I've still got £5 to spend for this year, and £2 from the girls...
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I've shifted about £800 from savings to cover presents for this year. Last year I spent about the same. Likewise, I've got a stocking to fill, which will probably hit around £50. I wanted to buy her a Mulberry bag this year, but she doesnt like any of them, so lots of little / medium size presents instead.

And lets not forget the obligatory Sexy Underwear / Lingerie. Its two presents in one

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
        Yep. We have a thing where we open our big pressies in the morning, then we fill a big santa stocking for each other..and by the time you add it all up, easily over £500 quid...

I see it as the one time in the year that I get to splash out on her..so why not...
        It sounds like you pay for your presents from her too!

I'm too tight to spend over £500 on stuff that will be half price in the sales a week later. Call me old fashioned
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          It sounds like you pay for your presents from her too!

I'm too tight to spend over £500 on stuff that will be half price in the sales a week later. Call me old fashioned
          I do most of my Christmas shopping in the January sales - keep it all at home for the year, and don't have to worry about not having anything in for people.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

We spend about £500 each, which is far too much for my presents (as I only really like chick flicks and chocolate) but not really enough for him (as he only likes designer stuff).

I go way over budget each year, and I think this year is going to be the same. I've just totted up stuff I've already bought, plus what I want to get, and it's coming to around £700

He has a nightmare, as I never really want anythign big, and it's my birthday 2 weeks before too
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

£10.
              Hth.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                We spend about £500 each, which is far too much for my presents (as I only really like chick flicks and chocolate) but not really enough for him (as he only likes designer stuff).

I go way over budget each year, and I think this year is going to be the same. I've just totted up stuff I've already bought, plus what I want to get, and it's coming to around £700

He has a nightmare, as I never really want anythign big, and it's my birthday 2 weeks before too
                Do you not just find that you've wasted money on stuff that neither of you really want?

There's nothing that I really look at and think "Oh, I'll have that at Christmas" - I buy pretty much everything I want. We buy a big present each year at some stage, and then have thoughtful presents for Christmas.

Christmas has long lost the appeal of getting something expensive as a present, I'd rather it was something meaningful - one year the main presents came from Oxfam Unwrapped.

But each to their own.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  £10.
                  Hth.
                  Our budget started at £10 this year, but we always go over.

Now it's £20.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Do you not just find that you've wasted money on stuff that neither of you really want?

There's nothing that I really look at and think "Oh, I'll have that at Christmas" - I buy pretty much everything I want. We buy a big present each year at some stage, and then have thoughtful presents for Christmas.

Christmas has long lost the appeal of getting something expensive as a present, I'd rather it was something meaningful - one year the main presents came from Oxfam Unwrapped.

But each to their own.
                    Sometimes - but that's just Xmas isn't it!

I'd rather have loads of prezzies, some of which I just put away, than one thing. When we have kids and become old and bitter like you, I reckon we'll end up doing the one present thing
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy View Post
                      That would be under the 'How much would I spend this xmas on Mrs Hand and her five lovely daughters' poll
                      that'll be £2.49

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_de...tionid=1039089
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X