• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Wrong Time to be a diabetic...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    I found it interesting.

If you don't then you don't have to read it.
    He could hardly read it without clicking on the link!

Are you trying to annoy the mods AGAIN? I would never do anything like that.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Then I am a ****.
      FTFY

Comment

Then I am a vagina.

You have just admitted you are a tw..
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You have just admitted you are a tw..
          I thought you knew that already?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Yep Gary was unlucky most of the time he was in charge sometimes but occasionally it just caught him unaware. Very scary.

Possibly someone has been misleading you. Type 2 has genetic, health & lifestyle causes.

Lets ask the experts.

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/Preventi...-risk-factors/

Causes of Type 2 Diabetes - Risks, Genetics, Medications & Stress

And of course high blood pressure frequently has no explanation
            High blood pressure (hypertension) Causes - Mayo Clinic

of course if you have an inherited genetic condition that brings on the blood pressure, take the statins etc and end up with type 2 diabetes its all your fault.

I suspect the amount of people with the genentic form is low, in the large majority of cases type 2 will be caused by lifestyle hence the massive increase in diagnosis due to our ever increasing obese population.

Comment

I thought you knew that already?
              Your ex-wives have already provided references.

Comment

Actually some people have managed to reverse their diabetes by ignoring all the diet advice given by the NHS e.g. going for a low carb high fat diet rather than a recommended high carb low fat.
                In that case thanks as that is exactly how I'm dealing with a recent t2 diagnosis. Mine hereditary BTW as my father and his before him both got it. My brother is to lazy to check ...

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                  In that case thanks as that is exactly how I'm dealing with a recent t2 diagnosis. Mine hereditary BTW as my father and his before him both got it. My brother is to lazy to check ...
                  You should have chosen your parents better...
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                    I suspect the amount of people with the genentic form is low, in the large majority of cases type 2 will be caused by lifestyle hence the massive increase in diagnosis due to our ever increasing obese population.
                    Unfortunately the experts disagree with you as per the links. Your prejudice seems odd considering your son's condition.

It is also highly likely that historical low diagnosis levels were caused by the same factors that masked heart disease & cancer 50 years ago.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      I found it interesting.

If you don't then you don't have to read it.
                      Just wondered if something new had happened, to make you drag up an event that happened 12 years ago.

But at least reading this thread explains the box of kit-kats left in our spare room last time my sister and her type-1-diabetes husband stayed over.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X