• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weight allowance at airports

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the airline thinks you're overweight then can either refuse to take you or make you pay for 2 seats (does that mean you can take 60kgs of luggage then?)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      However women's pants and socks are generally smaller and so lighter.
      Ahh ... but will not wimmin pack more of the items "just in case"...?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

How would they define what is acceptable.

I'm 6'3" so am going to weight more than someone that is 5'0". What if the 5'0" person was 14st and I was 15st. Should they pay more or should I?

Nice idea one I would support (even though I would have to pay more) but the queues at check in would be stupidly long. They are a pita now. Think of what this would add to it.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          However women's pants and socks are generally smaller and so lighter.
          Not significantly light enough to account for the huge cargo of "Moisturisers" and Creams that they seem to need though. And as for the perfumes that they must buy at Duty Free!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            If the airline thinks you're overweight then can either refuse to take you or make you pay for 2 seats (does that mean you can take 60kgs of luggage then?)
            That's something I'd love to see on the next series of EasyJet's "Airport".

"Sorry madam, you're too fat ..."

Comment

If you can't fit in the seat width wise you are too fat

Re Sockpuppet, I'd have a neutral limit set at average weight. So a man who was 13 stone would get 30 kilo, a 10 stone woman 30 kilo. Above you lose 10 kilo per 10 kilo, and gain 10 kilo per 10 kilo below. If you were 30 kilo over average weight you pay a surcharge. Double average weight= 2 tickets.
              Allowances made for exceptionally tall, unless they are also exceptionally fat.

Weighing people with luggage, would take no longer than weighing the luggage alone.
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 15 November 2007, 12:49.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

yeh. They should trim bits off fat people until they are below a stated weight. Alternatively inject them with a fat liquidiser before flight and tap it off to fuel the plane.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

and wimmin also insist on packing:
                  • Winter clothes in case it gets chilly
                  • Formal wear i.e. ball gown / co.cktail dresses in case the Ambassador invites us to a do
                  • All the matching shoes/handbags trinkets to accessorise
                  • A year’s supply of make up, moisturiser/conditioner
                  • every conceivable electrical beauty gadget

...all for only two weeks in the Med

...or is that just my wife?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

You lot have some serious issues with women dont you? What's up - didn't your mams love you enough or something?
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      If you can't fit in the seat width wise you are too fat
                      They could put a chair frame by the check-in like they do for hand luggage.

If you don't fit you have to go in the hold.

Comment

Working...
                      X