• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dhl!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keldin View Post
    You could try:
    - Making friends with your neighbours and having them sign for your packages or collecting from the depot for you
    - Making friends and having them collect the package from the depot
    - Making friends with the couriers so they will leave parcels in your shed, porch, etc
    - Not having packages delivered to your house when you know you won't be there.

K
    Why would you assume my neighbours and potential friends dont work?!! Jesus - you're as bad as DHL!!

And just how am I supposed to make friends with the courier WHEN i'M NOT IN THE FRICKEN HOUSE WHEN HE TURNS UP!!!!!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! !!!!!!!!!
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      Why would you assume my neighbours and potential friends dont work
      Because you live in Sunderland?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Fair point...

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Because you live in Sunderland?
          Hmmm - that is a fair point.

I might have to let Kelvin off then
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Why would you assume my neighbours and potential friends dont work?!! Jesus - you're as bad as DHL!!

And just how am I supposed to make friends with the courier WHEN i'M NOT IN THE FRICKEN HOUSE WHEN HE TURNS UP!!!!!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! !!!!!!!!!

How about get a local business to sign for the parcel
            Get the local pub to sign for it.
            Get it delivered to your neighbour at work and they can leave it in your house on their way home

I work as does my partner as do my neighbours but all of these methods have worked for me at some point in the past 3 years.
            Have you not have a day off in the last 3 years? Get a whole bunch of stuff delivered on that day and meet your local courier.

K

Comment

Keldin works for DHL, and I claim my 5 undelivered parcels.

Comment

At least they didn't leave your parcel at a house about 20 doors down, and not even bother putting a note through your door to let you know.

I had a huge argument with DHL and the supplier ended up sending a replacement item. 10 days later the guy from the bottom end of the street turned up with the original parcel in his hand. I wondered why you hadn't collected it he said. Morons.

I've stopped signing for my neighbours parcels. Since we got into an argument and I told them I'd never even seen a crate of scotch.
                Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Keldin View Post
                  How about get a local business to sign for the parcel
                  Get the local pub to sign for it.
                  Get it delivered to your neighbour at work and they can leave it in your house on their way home

I work as does my partner as do my neighbours but all of these methods have worked for me at some point in the past 3 years.
                  Have you not have a day off in the last 3 years? Get a whole bunch of stuff delivered on that day and meet your local courier.

K
                  Are you the DHL police or something?!
                  Why would I take a day off and loose a day's pay, to have a £60 parcel delivered?!!
                  Pubs dont open until 11.
                  I have a lorry driver, a nurse, a policeman and a teacher as my neighbours.
                  Local businesses...I live in town. I'll ask WH Smiths tonight if they wouldn't mind taking it in for me - great idea!

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Are you the DHL police or something?!
                    Why would I take a day off and loose a day's pay, to have a £60 parcel delivered?!!
                    Pubs dont open until 11.
                    I have a lorry driver, a nurse, a policeman and a teacher as my neighbours.
                    Local businesses...I live in town. I'll ask WH Smiths tonight if they wouldn't mind taking it in for me - great idea!

Sally - you seem to be closed to the very reasonable resolutions suggested to this issue. Would you like me to arrange some counseling for you?

On the plus side - you can phone DHL and they will keep it at your (not so) local depot for as long as you ask them to.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Or you could have them deliver it to a local shop, where you can queue up and collect it you next go shopping?

Comment

Working...
                      X