• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dhl!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
    Why not get it delivered to your workplace in the first place ?
    Cause its a government building with quite tight security, and you're not really supposed to get stuff delivered here.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      Cause its a government building with quite tight security, and you're not really supposed to get stuff delivered here.

I work in Gvt building, they are ok and the guys in the post room will "sign" for something if you ask them nicely.

I find the public sector more relaxed towards this sort of thing than the private sector...

Which tax abyss are you at ?
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Got my iPhone DHL'd to the front door without a problem, signed for it and away...

'My people' you know the jocks, working at home and loving it

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
          I work in Gvt building, they are ok and the guys in the post room will "sign" for something if you ask them nicely.

I find the public sector more relaxed towards this sort of thing than the private sector...

Which tax abyss are you at ?
          We haven't got a post room - just a main reception, with one woman jobsworth on it. You can imagine if everyone was getting stuff delivered over Xmas it would be a nightmare, so I dont blame them really.

I would have begged her for the redelivery though.

I've got a main post office depot at the end of my street at home though - so normaly, I get everything there. Other courriers will even deliver to that post office no hassle.
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Got my iPhone DHL'd to the front door without a problem, signed for it and away...

'My people' you know the jocks, working at home and loving it

Were you p*ssed when you signed for it?

How much do you love the iPhone then?
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

It may be open on Saturday, but I'm away this weekend, and they only keep the sodding parcel for 7 days!!!
              It's frustrating - I share your pain.

You'd think that in this day and age, they would have realise that this isn't really that straightforward to expect everyone to be available when they are.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

And they carry fluffy little animals to their doom, I once worked in a place close to a DHL depot where there would regularly be protesters outside chanting "D H Hell... D H Hell" on megaphones whilst holding up pictures of sad looking dogs and bunnies… quite amusing really.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The iPhone is not worth all the hype they're giving it, I can't fwd texts message it's awful or send one text to multiple phone numbers...

I had a N73 before hardly ever used the mp3 player yet I now use it a lot on the iPhone, why I don't know it's easier somehow.

Watching youtube clips on the screen is bliss whenever you're near wifi, even in the house.

The interface between me the gadget is certainly innovative reading from the screen is better than any phone I've had before it.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    And they carry fluffy little animals to their doom
                    I guess there's always a chance that there's no-one in to sign for them, though, so they survive a bit longer.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I dont know how I'm going to manage this post with swearing....

Dont deliver on Saturday.
                      Wont redeliver to the post office.
                      Wont redeliver to an address outside the city you live in (i.e. where I work)
                      Wont leave in the very secure front of my property.
                      Their main depot closes at 6, so if you work, you dont have time to collect it!!!

Do you have to be on the ******* dole in order to receive internet shopping like?!!!
                      You could try:
                      - Making friends with your neighbours and having them sign for your packages or collecting from the depot for you
                      - Making friends and having them collect the package from the depot
                      - Making friends with the couriers so they will leave parcels in your shed, porch, etc
                      - Not having packages delivered to your house when you know you won't be there.

K

Comment

Working...
                      X