• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dhl!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Sal does raise some serious points here though, and it's from things like this that new business ideas are born.

The most important of which is, being able to receive your goods, regardless of whether you are in or not, at a time that is convenient to you.

Hence, the Securit (TM)

You know those things that store salt by the sides of the roads ?

One of them.

Made of galvanised steel, and secured to the ground/fence/whatever.

It has a digital keypad.

It has a large lid and can hold bulky items that will not physically fit in the letter box.

Locate it in the front garden, or next to the bins, etc.

Arrange a delivery with company X. Give them a temporary keycode.

Man arrives, enters keycode, drops item inside, closes lid, and mechanism locks and erases temporary key code. (The admin overide keycode is still there of course, so you can open it when you get home).

No mess, no fuss, and no hassle, and suitable for most people with houses that have an area to locate the Securit.
    Good idea, but would it be worth the money and hassle (can't imagine it costing less than a couple of hundred including fitting) just to receive a £60 item.

On that note, this thread has, what a 100 replies? The time to read it + compose reply (let's say 5 mins all in) * contractor time cost probably means that the (non-) delivery of this parcel has cost the best part of a £1000 already.

Comment

Maybe you should phone DHL and point this out to them.

Ask for a refund :-)

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
        Maybe you should phone DHL and point this out to them.

Ask for a refund :-)
        I think it's all our clients who need the refund

So on the way home last night I missed a call from Richard in the DHL Customer Services department (responding to my clearly angry, and very sarcastic complaints email I sent them), asked me to call him back.

Which I did...and low an behold "your call is in a queue and it very important to us. please continue to hold..." for 10 mins, before I snapped and hung up.

Why?!!! WHY?!!!!!!

The pope is a tard.

Comment

What else do you expect from a company named after the 3 guys that set it up.

Dewey, Hughie and Louie

Comment

Go round there in person and break him Sal

You know you really want to
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
              Sal does raise some serious points here though, and it's from things like this that new business ideas are born.

The most important of which is, being able to receive your goods, regardless of whether you are in or not, at a time that is convenient to you.

Hence, the Securit (TM)

You know those things that store salt by the sides of the roads ?

One of them.

Made of galvanised steel, and secured to the ground/fence/whatever.

It has a digital keypad.

It has a large lid and can hold bulky items that will not physically fit in the letter box.

Locate it in the front garden, or next to the bins, etc.

Arrange a delivery with company X. Give them a temporary keycode.

Man arrives, enters keycode, drops item inside, closes lid, and mechanism locks and erases temporary key code. (The admin overide keycode is still there of course, so you can open it when you get home).

No mess, no fuss, and no hassle, and suitable for most people with houses that have an area to locate the Securit.
              That wouls seem fine for deliveries through couriers, but doesn't help if you get things from Royal Mail. Unless you get a Hippo and no more than one parcel a day.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
              X