• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Luckiest contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    ..., including an expensive opal I had purchased, ....
    I hope you paid the import duty.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Of course she did! Who wouldn't!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Good point actually. Everytime I bring in more than 1 bottle of alchoholic drink from Russia I duly go to the red corridor in Heathrow to find noone is there, so I have to call them on the phone to declare that I have more booze than allowed (from outside of EU), normally they let me through anyway, so honest pays, isn't it Denny?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Everytime I bring in more than 1 bottle of alchoholic drink from Russia

Why Bother? Why not just ask the pilot if you can siphon some Aviation Fuel into a bucket and take it home? It will probably taste nicer than the potato vodka you purchased in the Motherland, and no doubt be better for your renal system.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Why Bother? Why not just ask the pilot if you can siphon some Aviation Fuel into a bucket and take it home? It will probably taste nicer than the potato vodka you purchased in the Motherland, and no doubt be better for your renal system.
            I bring those drinks as presents to other people, not to drink myself

Comment

I bring those drinks as presents to other people, not to drink myself
              What other people?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto View Post
                What other people?
                Your wife

Comment

Your wife
                  Be honest AtW, the only person you know is your landlord. And I agree, give him the cheap carp!

Comment

What other people?
                    The other tramps who feed squirrels in the park
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Be honest AtW, the only person you know is your landlord. And I agree, give him the cheap carp!
                      Actually I have never met my landlord in person, despite living in the house for over 18 months and having signed contracts for another year...

Comment

Working...
                      X