• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trying to think of a name for the new co...help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Why not call your company "Supersize Buttplugs r Us Ltd" or something? That way nobody you give a company cheque to will have the nerve to present it.

(Not my idea - It was a classic con whereby mail order clients sent cheques payable to SBRU Ltd and received an "out of stock" reply and a refund cheque with account name as above )
    A bit like calling your dog @rse Hole; you take it in the pub wait for somebody to stroke and utter:

"Oi YOU get your hands off my @rse Hole!"

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      chemical names you'd want to avoid:
      that page is unbelievable! Both the "chemical structure of arsole" diagram on the right, and the link to "simple aromatic rings".

Comment

Yes, but it exists!

Arsole is a chemical compound of the formula C4H5As. The structure is like pyrrole except that an arsenic atom is substituted for the nitrogen atom and that arsole is only mildly aromatic. Arsole itself does exist but is rarely found in its pure form. Several substituted analogs called arsoles also exist.
        Also included there is the chemical structure of arsole and 3D model of arsole.

Comment

Get a Latin / Greek dictionary

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Latin-2145/English-Latin.htm

or maybe some play on Caveat or similar that fits.

Alternatively make up a name by using intials / syllables of the wife & kids names.

This advice will cost £1000

cheques payable to 'I'm Spartacus' consulting ltd.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Decision made, I came up with a made up name which sounds rather cool and doesn't limit me for future ventures.

Thanks for the inspiration, the attempt at humour some good, some could do better, hehehe.

Comment

Working...
            X