• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Lyrical Terrorist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    So how did she get portrayed as a terrorist?
    Perhaps because of conviction under terrorist laws?

She had some firearms manuals, but I don't think these are illegal per se, it is just a combination of all these things convinced the jury she was guilty in terrorist related offence.

Let's be clear here - she worked at Heathrow and this is a prime target for real terrorists that could have used her to do something pretty serious. IMO, she will get a fairly short sentence which will serve as a warning to those people.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Dunno but glorifying terrorist acts may have something to do with it
      So anyone celebrating bonfire night is guilty of the same offence?

Sh may be distasteful, but I don't see she has done anything much wrong.
      The law she has broken is another poorly considered knee jerk reaction to try and fixthe wrong problem.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I would not suggest there is a difference between Muslims as people and anyone else. We probably make too much of terrorism as much of it may prove, when we look back on it, to be a passing fashion among young men.

It is the creed that is the problem. The idea that modern life should be governed in considerable detail by interpretations of the supposed sayings and doings of a 6th/7th century figure is utterly ludicrous. We are not talking about general moral principles here, nowt wrong with that, we are talking about detailed guidance. Islam is not just a religion but a political philosophy and there is nothing about it that jibes with democracy, individual freedom or rational government.

Christianity one can respect because the excesses of that religion, heretic burnings, inquisition etc., plainly had nothing to do with what we read of Christ's life and teachings in the new testament. However, I find it hard to believe in the peacable intentions, no matter what their protestations, of those who revere a character who had hostages and anyone he considered disrespected him killed. I find it hard to see how something like that can be "interpreted" into a peaceful and tolerant religion for the present day.

Falling for that is a bit like voting for a Marxist party that regularly quoted from Das Kapital because it assured you it believed in private enterprise even if there were numerous Marxist states that did not practice or severely restricted it.

Anyone who believes islam is a tolerant and peaceful religion is a damn fool.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 10 November 2007, 21:52.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Not sure about these draconian laws either. Think I've got an item on how to make bombs from hydrogen perixode on this disc somewhere, I was just interested. Mere possession should not be enough. There should be definite intent to the extent of planning actual attacks with intent to carry them out as opposed to just fantasising, or encouraging or aiding others to do so.
          bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Anyone who believes islam is a tolerant and peaceful religion is a damn fool.
            Infidel!

I hope you have blast blocks like those around the Parliament...

Comment

Nah. I just used your address when I applied for the xoggoth domain name.
              bloggoth

Comment

Thready what r you on about? Agree mostly with trisko. It is the creed that is the problem, many young sorts dive into as young sorts do. Fighting for the great cause is glamorous, exciting, makes them feel part of something. Probably the solution is to keep people on sedatives until they are 60.

PS I only have another 28 years on sedatives then.
                bloggoth

Comment

Nah. I just used your address when I applied for the xoggoth domain name.

--

Now seriously - the interesting thing about Islam as a religion is that it (apparently) states that everything goes because basically Allah wants it so. From this point of view it sure seems rather unIslamic to protest against having this girl jailed, because surely Allah wanted so as otherwise she would not have been charged and convicted by court?

I think we need to call SandyDown for a quick consultation, someone else will have to repost it because she is on my ignore list

Comment

Giver her the chair

Comment

Thready what r you on about? Agree mostly with trisko. It is the creed that is the problem, many young sorts dive into as young sorts do. Fighting for the great cause is glamorous, exciting, makes them feel part of something. Probably the solution is to keep people on sedatives until they are 60.

PS I only have another 28 years on sedatives then.
                      Do you think this 'trsisko' is for real? No ones English is that bad. So I think they're one of these bots just out to wind people up.
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X