• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brian Haw

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mailman View Post
    That geezer who has been protesting down at Parliament Square since the end of WWII...how does he manage to support himself?

Is he on benefits or what? Housing benefit? Sickness Benefit? What?

Cause what ever it is he is doing, I reckon we should bottle it and then sell it cause Id love to be able to kick around doing something I enjoy without having to worry about such trivial things as working!

Mailman
    He is a self obsessed nutter, who does what he does to avoid taking responsibility for his own actions (such as never being with his kids).
    The guilty left love him because of his anti establishment, ant American rhetoric. Underneath his moral posturing his own morality is deeply questionable.

But it is good that he is p*****g off those who deserve to be p****d off
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I'd to see any of the MPs to do what he does for the sake of moral conviction. Maybe his convictions are totally wrong and maybe he lies saying that he has them, but to do what he does is tough and since he is not harming other people he should be allowed to do what he does. Generally speaking I don't give money to beggars, but I'd give him cash if I was passing by.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I'd to see any of the MPs to do what he does for the sake of moral conviction. Maybe his convictions are totally wrong and maybe he lies saying that he has them, but to do what he does is tough and since he is not harming other people he should be allowed to do what he does. Generally speaking I don't give money to beggars, but I'd give him cash if I was passing by.
        He is harming other people. The mad hypocrite tells us that he is doing what he is doing for the benefit of children, yet he is actually doing the single thing that destroys more lives of children than any bombs by splitting away from his own family.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

How is he harming other people exactly?

Let's be clear here - a lot of people (including children) died in Iraq, more than hundred of thousand for sure, million or more had to run away. He is not responsible for this, you can't seriously say anything about harm he causes and ignoring MPs across the road who voted for the war that actually killed a lot of people.

Comment

How is he harming other people exactly?

Let's be clear here - a lot of people (including children) died in Iraq, more than hundred of thousand for sure, million or more had to run away. He is not responsible for this, you can't seriously say anything about harm he causes and ignoring MPs across the road who voted for the war that actually killed a lot of people.

He has harmed his own children by putting his cause ahead of their upbringing. And let us just get things into some perspective, killing in Iraq did not suddenly happen at the outbreak of war, Saddam was doing it anyway. Whether in terms of numbers the killing of children has increased I do not know.
            It is also all very well saying that the troops should now be taken out of Iraq but it can be argued that more children would end up being killed.

It is easy for Brian Haw because he has managed, as I say to abrogate himself from any responsibilities towards his own family by neatly hiding behaind the morality of his campaign.

Whilst I like the effect of what he is doing and the fact that he is ruffling a number of feathers, he is still a nutter, a hypocrite and an irresponsible idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              He has harmed his own children by putting his cause ahead of their upbringing.
              Following this logic no man with children should have strong convictions, so nothing will get changed in this world. Rubbish arguement.

Right now killing in Iraq is going on a scale not seen under Saddam - it is not the Coalition that kills Iraqies though, but their own stupid sectarian differences, and frankly maybe this is the way they really deserve since they choose to value some unverifiable claims over reality of life, but the matter of fact is that all this crap would not have happened had it not been for Bush and Blair.

It is despicable you dare to say this guy "harms" anything when you have people who he opposes that voted for this war that has lead to horrific consequences in Iraq.

This guy is a man of conviction - maybe a wrong one, maybe not entirely right, but he is not murdering people in London for his conviction, he is not blowing himself up, and he actually suffers himself there - I'd like to see you do even one month there for ANY conviction that you have. Do you actually have any convictions this strong? I doubt.

Comment

Whatever bit of my taxes is going towards his upkeep I am very happy with. he is doing a most worthwhile job.

If any Islamic suicide bomber manages to blow up Blair or Brown I will send a donation to his/her funeral and a wreath marked "Although I did not agree with your motives, it is results that count. Heartfelt thanks, Love and kisses. xoggoth"

PS And I will send a donation to buy bacon sarnies all round.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Following this logic no man with children should have strong convictions, so nothing will get changed in this world. Rubbish arguement.

Right now killing in Iraq is going on a scale not seen under Saddam - it is not the Coalition that kills Iraqies though, but their own stupid sectarian differences, and frankly maybe this is the way they really deserve since they choose to value some unverifiable claims over reality of life, but the matter of fact is that all this carp would not have happened had it not been for Bush and Blair.

It is despicable you dare to say this guy "harms" anything when you have people who he opposes that voted for this war that has lead to horrific consequences in Iraq.

This guy is a man of conviction - maybe a wrong one, maybe not entirely right, but he is not murdering people in London for his conviction, he is not blowing himself up, and he actually suffers himself there - I'd like to see you do even one month there for ANY conviction that you have. Do you actually have any convictions this strong? I doubt.
                  He is a fanatic who has his own issues. He is hiding behind the (false) morality of his cause AtW. The fact remains that he is compromising his responsibilities to his children for the sake of his (and I say his, because it is his, not mine) "cause". The conviction that I have which is a far more moral and purposeful a conviction than he has is a dedication to bringing up my children as best as I can, and until you have children of your own you will never even begin to understand what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    He is a fanatic who has his own issues. He is hiding behind the (false) morality of his cause AtW.
                    Yes but he is on the front line - he suffers himself like Jesus, Chico would have been proud of it - unlike same MPs who make decisions but they never get to face the consequences or even suffer a single moment of pain.

Look, the guy is not killing anyone for his views, he suffers himself, maybe his family but this is his tuliping right to live his life the way he deems appropriate, frankly I don't really care what his believes are - he has the right to peaceful protest the way he does and if anything peaceful forms of protest should be encouraged.

Your main point is about his children. Well, guess what - lots of people divorce every year and it hits children pretty bloody hard. Should divorces be banned until children grow up? Why you round up on this guy who suffers for his believes in peaceful protest only because you don't share his conviction? I probably don't share it fully either, but he has got God damn right to protest the way he does and any MP that does not like it should be send to the Tower.

Comment

Yes but he is on the front line - he suffers himself like Jesus, Chico would have been proud of it - unlike same MPs who make decisions but they never get to face the consequences or even suffer a single moment of pain.

Look, the guy is not killing anyone for his views, he suffers himself, maybe his family but this is his tuliping right to live his life the way he deems appropriate, frankly I don't really care what his believes are - he has the right to peaceful protest the way he does and if anything peaceful forms of protest should be encouraged.

Your main point is about his children. Well, guess what - lots of people divorce every year and it hits children pretty bloody hard. Should divorces be banned until children grow up? Why you round up on this guy who suffers for his believes in peaceful protest only because you don't share his conviction? I probably don't share it fully either, but he has got God damn right to protest the way he does and any MP that does not like it should be send to the Tower.
                      He can do what he likes, and yes lots of people do get divorced. Do you have any idea of how this screws up the lives of children? You look at every murderer, every paedophile, every lunatic you can bet your last Rouble that each and every one has come from a disfunctional family background. ?. He has dedicated his life to doing something that he is not going to change yet he ignores the one thing that is more important than anything else (that he has the power to influence) which is the upbringing of his kids. If it was a matter of my kids and I had to stand in Parliament square naked with a broom handle covered in Raljex shoved up my jacksie for the rest of my life for the well being of my children, I would do it. He wouldnt. He is an attention seeking loser, a nutter who is using the war (because he does not have to take any responsibility for his actions) as an excuse to be selfish. f**k him

Comment

Working...
                      X