• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brian Haw

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DodgyAgent v AtW...........

Seconds out, round two....Ding Ding!
    Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      He can do what he likes, and yes lots of people do get divorced. Do you have any idea of how this screws up the lives of children?
      Big time it screws lifes of children, but divorces do happen in tens of thousands if not hundreds, yet you single out this guy who does what he believes in peacefully, not blowing people up for his views, but protesting in the most democratic way.

Maybe he is a nutter, even most certainly he is a nutter, but he sits up there for all those peopel who in theory support his views but don't have balls to do it themselves, in fact he is taking the his for us who support some or all of his views, yet you have the audacity to claim he harms people!

Comment

Alex, I think you are on a hiding to nothing here.

You must remember that Agents live in a moral vacuum, and suffer from moral turpitude.

You are churlish to expect them to understand and appreciate such concepts, since their psyche precludes them from such understanding.

The reason agents and their ilk detest morality, is because they neither possess it nor understand it, and consequently pour scorn on those who do.

Once you accept this, there is no need to criticise or scorn DA for his views.

There is no need to show hate, resentment, and anger.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
          Alex, I think you are on a hiding to nothing here.

You must remember that Agents live in a moral vacuum, and suffer from moral turpitude.

You are churlish to expect them to understand and appreciate such concepts, since their psyche precludes them from such understanding.

The reason agents and their ilk detest morality, is because they neither possess it nor understand it, and consequently pour scorn on those who do.

Once you accept this, there is no need to criticise or scorn DA for his views.

There is no need to show hate, resentment, and anger.
          You are absolutely correct. The wonderful thing about being an agent is that we dont get hung up about morality (after all one man's morality is another mans child abuse eg Brian haw). Morality is baggage that adds confusion to everything. Contractors love morality and fairness because they believe that as the "doers" they enjoy the high ground in their relationship with agencies, and in terms of their status as hardworking, accountable (no work no pay) professionals.

Unfortunately others dont always perceive them in the same light. The taxman is one who views them as tax avoiding parasites. The permie is another who views them as overpaid fly by night cowboys, who can shoot up the local saloon bar with impunity and clear off the next day.

We are the bottom of the pile with no pretensions to morality. We are predictable and uncomplicated and people know where they stand with us. Long may that continue.
          Last edited by DodgyAgent; 8 November 2007, 07:49.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Personally, I think Brian Haw is a deluded tit if he thinks he's going to change anything or even be instrumental in any change. However, I do admire the fact that he has the courage of his convictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Personally, I think Brian Haw is a deluded tit if he thinks he's going to change anything or even be instrumental in any change. However, I do admire the fact that he has the courage of his convictions.
              I like the fact that he is annoying the right people from Ken Livingstone to Nl MPs
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

He is also a fair weather protester.

Where was he during the genocide in Rowanda? Where was he during the land confiscations in Zimbabwe? Where was he while Saddam was in power (actually, if he was anywhere it was protesting UN sanctions)?

Its easy to protest for the easy causes...everyone loves a anti-gw nutter, but where was he for the hard protests?

So, the question still stands...how the hell does he support himself if he hasnt worked a day in his life since 2001?

I wonder what his wife and kids think of of their absent father?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman View Post
                  I wonder what his wife and kids think of of their absent father?

Mailman
                  they have left him

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    they have left him
                    So that's just one of the many thousands of divorces, big deal - let's check if those other men who got divorced did so because they were preoccupied with honourable reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      So that's just one of the many thousands of divorces, big deal - let's check if those other men who got divorced did so because they were preoccupied with honourable reasons.
                      AtW I am happy to leave you with the last word, so lets agree to differ

Comment

Working...
                      X