• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't read newspapers or watch the news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Guinness is a good session drink too.
    There must be a scary amount of bad chemicals in stella for it to have the effect it does, seeing it has the same alcohol content as Guinness.
    I can still actually drink about 10 pinst of Guiness and be OK. The same amount of stella and I'd be a gibbering wreck.
    Guinness is hangover drink... always sorts me out a treat!
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      I had a choice of names - Ebony Jane fell at the 17th, but since I was third from those that finished, I became "Young Hustler".

I would not recommend that you Google "Young Hustler" from work, though.
      Young Hustler

I'll check it out later!!
      Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Young Hustler

You'll only find Baggy's "Chase me, chase me" sites.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

You'll only find Baggy's "Chase me, chase me" sites.
          Yikes - won't bother then!
          Bazza gets caught

Comment

Young Hustler

It was the 20-1 outsider, and a great horse.

Unfortunately, you get some other websites instead of horse racing related ones.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Guinness is a good session drink too.
              There must be a scary amount of bad chemicals in stella for it to have the effect it does, seeing it has the same alcohol content as Guinness.
              I can still actually drink about 10 pinst of Guiness and be OK. The same amount of stella and I'd be a gibbering wreck.
              Guinness is too strong for session drinking. Stella does seem to have an extra kick in there !? You need to get down to bitter at 3.8% or less or even better if you can handle the embarrasment ( and live Oop North ) then mild at almost unalcoholic strength is the way forward. Drinking halves in the form of bottles as the youth of today do is totally unacceptable when on a session.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                Guinness is too strong for session drinking. Stella does seem to have an extra kick in there !? You need to get down to bitter at 3.8% or less or even better if you can handle the embarrasment ( and live Oop North ) then mild at almost unalcoholic strength is the way forward. Drinking halves in the form of bottles as the youth of today do is totally unacceptable when on a session.
                Halves are unacceptable full stop!!
                Bazza gets caught

Comment

Halves are unacceptable full stop!!
                  Exactly my point ! Disgraceful !

Comment

Does anyone brew their own beer or wine? My dad used to but I was too young to know if it tasted any good.

It might be the only way when prohibition starts.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

the safest way to avoid a hangover is stick to beers which contain only water malt and hops and stick with the half litre bottles

even the same beers from the pump can give hangovers

at least from the bottle you know it is only water malt and hops

was in an interesting pub the other day in scandinavia and they had bottled Adnams Bitter - very nice and no hangover - as it contained only water malt and hops

stick with the German/Czech/Austrian beers and you will be ok.

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X