• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another thrilling day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but i cant stop reading it... plus i get tired of posting rubbish.... id rather read it
    cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

Turns out #1 was here, he just had the misfortune to be in a meeting all morning.

Having returned to his desk for a few minutes, he's now wandered off, presumably to lunch.

#2, #3 and #4 have just got back from their lightning talk. There is no evidence to suggest that they are actually doing any work.

PM is talking to her manager, probably about her move to the States.

UPDATE: Shock news! A CVS update reveals that #1 has modified two CSS files! The effects of the changes are that second-level headings on the home page are now a different size, and certain links have had their hover-state background colour changed from #ff6600 to #ff8833, thus making the shade of orange used imperceptibly closer to grey. I think he's earned his lunch after that flurry of activity.
      Last edited by NickFitz; 1 November 2007, 12:44. Reason: The action never stops...

Comment

It's an equally thrilling day here in the crows nest.

Had a chap turn up to try and find the source of the wasps that appear intermittantly, apparently out of nowhere in a room with no open doors or windows.

Turns out they are probably in the roof - suprise surprise - and short of erecting scaffolding they arn't gonna be found and removed.

30 Mins later another chap appeared with a tin of fly spray. I'm thinking of mounting it in a glass fronted case in an "In case of emergancy, break glass" stylee.

In between all this I'm reading drivel on CUK, staring blankly at a document I can do any more edits to till the current version is approved, drinking coffee and trying to get my head round a translated Japanese guidelines document on J-Sox compliance.

Another day, another invoice...
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Well its a public holiday in Baden-Wurttemburg so drove home back to Hessen where it isn't a holiday and decided to work from home for the next 2 days. Fired up the VPN and went shopping. Came back and started working on a new PMP and then noticed that my zOS DLA had been loaded into CCMDB and can see it in TADDM as well, nice! Worked on some use cases for the SDD0 and then tried out some test cases but they all failed so IM'ed a collegue who told me the workaround but problems occurred later. Need to add some more test cases, modify others and work on the SVT plan still, possibly. Also this gives me time to work on other client projects, can I be bothered, maybe...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by poser View Post
            i think im addicted to CUK
            Me too. Luckily my project's on time and my team are all fed and watered with stacks of tasty code to chew on. I rock!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Well its a public holiday in Baden-Wurttemburg so drove home back to Hessen where it isn't a holiday and decided to work from home for the next 2 days. Fired up the VPN and went shopping. Came back and started working on a new PMP and then noticed that my zOS DLA had been loaded into CCMDB and can see it in TADDM as well, nice! Worked on some use cases for the SDD0 and then tried out some test cases but they all failed so IM'ed a collegue who told me the workaround but problems occurred later. Need to add some more test cases, modify others and work on the SVT plan still, possibly. Also this gives me time to work on other client projects, can I be bothered, maybe...
              And this weeks award for the most excessive use of acronyms goes to.....
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's quite dull here - mostly bug fixing and packaging, but it's also fairly laid back and more importantly, close to home.

I just renewed for another 3 months - was offered 6 but they wouldn't stretch to the bigger rate increase I wanted for that so settled for 3 months and a smaller increase.

Gets me though xmas, was planning of having some more time off in Feb and then start looking again March / April
                Do what thou wilt

Comment

well.. i've come in, had a phone call from the girlfriends sister telling me off for making gf upset last night she started the argument (about her working massive overtime and also not wanting to quit smoking as she had said she intended to do, all my fault obviously) i couldnt be bothered to argue (top gear was about to start and i missed it on sunday) so i just agreed..

read CUK post about xmas parties, checked it with HMCE and accoutant, started looking for ideas.. this seems pretty good fun..

happily received a remittance notice for an invoice so started looking at what to buy this weekend as a treat on my hard work, decided on these.

played with my new mob phone for a bit ensuring it synched with my laptop as required.

realised it was 11am and i hadnt actually done a thing so printed off a work request and made some changes (red pen, very important), made a brew. Updated worklog and the triplicate of end of month timesheets for client and agent. sent them off.

Had lunch, now reading CUK, really should do some work.. just received delivery of Tomtom navigator software/maps for my new PDA, thats this evening sorted. right back to work..
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    It takes rather more than 128 posts...

No it doesn't ....I was addicted long before I reached 128 posts
                    Last edited by KathyWoolfe; 1 November 2007, 14:23.
                    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by poser View Post
                      its been full on for me today.

ebay
                      facebook
                      CUK
                      ebay
                      facebook
                      CUK
                      agent ringing me talkin rubbish
                      opened a few spreadsheets and stared at them for a while
                      plan b plan goin well
                      ebay
                      facebook
                      CUK

i think im addicted to CUK
                      I've spent all day on here, playing catch up. Still not finished reading what I've missed last week.

But I have tempered my enthusiasm at times, and refused to be drawn into debates that I think are better off left alone.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X