• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Current and/or prospective Mac owners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Shush dino.
    Just 'coz I can use more than one mouse button!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Just 'coz I can use more than one mouse button!
      Yawn... here we go again...

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        Yawn... here we go again...
        Alright, alright. An old one I know.

I hereby do solemnly swear not to take the piss out of Mac users, 'coz God knows they have it rough enough already.

Is that better?

Comment

Alright, alright. An old one I know.

I hereby do solemnly swear not to take the piss out of Mac users, 'coz God knows they have it rough enough already.

Is that better?
          dino dino dino.

Stop your trolling and join the enlightened 10%. You'll love it.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

don't be afraid to pay the asking price for a mac, you get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              dino dino dino.

Stop your trolling and join the enlightened 10%. You'll love it.
              I used to write software for the Mac - back when it had a 680x0.

Ok, assuming I buy a Mac, does the OS now come with a development environment so I can at least justify its great expense?

Comment

I used to write software for the Mac - back when it had a 680x0.

Ok, assuming I buy a Mac, does the OS now come with a development environment so I can at least justify its great expense?
                Do you mean a sandboxed area of the OS for testing stuff? TBH I've no idea as that's not what I do.

It comes with Apache if you want to test webby stuff, and you can run VMware or Parallels if you need to test/work in a windows environment.

They're also not that expensive compared to a similar spec Win machine.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Sorry to go but when is the big day then?
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

The OS comes with a full free development environment. All the Unix stuff plus Apple's Xcode tools.

Comment

Working...
                    X