• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Current and/or prospective Mac owners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I intend to buy an Intel MacBook Pro in the next month or so - and (cue general derision) need to save the pennies as I'm lashing out on a wedding soon.

Where's the cheapest place to buy one of these?

TIA

RH

Personally I went down PC World and opened a business account got a good discount off the list price for it.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      I intend to buy an Intel MacBook Pro in the next month or so - and (cue general derision) need to save the pennies as I'm lashing out on a wedding soon.

Where's the cheapest place to buy one of these?

TIA

RH
      Dixons Duty Free - get a Ryanair flight to somewhere for 1p or whatever and don't pay the VAT

Apple also do corporate discounts so find someone who can get you one. I got about 15% off my MBP.

Comment

The dodgy bloke down the pub knocks them out cheap.

Or treat yourself to a holiday in the US and bring one back with you.

Comment

If you have a child, I think you can get education discounts.

Or you can buy refurbs from their web-shop.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

There is a mac refurb shop online somewhere. A few mac enthusiasts I used to know loved it.
            http://www.bluejumper.com

Comment

I was considering asking a mate who travels to the US a lot to get one - is it a problem re service/support? I understand they have to open the packaging for some reason - to show it's not a gift I suppose. Bit of a risk with baggage handling...

Originally posted by interested View Post
              Apple also do corporate discounts so find someone who can get you one. I got about 15% off my MBP.
              Will follow that up - cheers.

Originally posted by Fran View Post
              There is a mac refurb shop online somewhere. A few mac enthusiasts I used to know loved it.
              Do you know which one?

Thanks for the responses so far - doesn't have to be new btw - refurb is good.

Comment

prospective Mac owners
                Don't do it! Help is available from the NHS!

Just say "No"!

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                  Do you know which one?

Thanks for the responses so far - doesn't have to be new btw - refurb is good.
                  http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObje...nclm=Certified
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Don't do it! Help is available from the NHS!

Just say "No"!
                    Shush dino.

Comment

Working...
                    X