• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cigars.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever I wanted a good cigar I picked my phone and called my dear comrade Castro to send me a few of his fine ones.

threaded.

Comment

Actually no. When I wanted a good cigar, my good friend Castro sent me the virgins who rolled the cigars on their thighs.

Threaded
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I count it as one of the achievements in my life
        You absolutely should!! Its amazing....fighting your inner demons and winning

Makes one feel rather pleased with oneself
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

sas,

if stopping smoking is one of your life achievements...

i suggest you aim higher

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
            You absolutely should!! Its amazing....fighting your inner demons and winning

Makes one feel rather pleased with oneself
            I would say it's glorifying it to say that and that's one of the things you shouldn't do psychologically. Rather think of it as a nasty and horrible addiction.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

partagas series p..

ultimate cigars
              cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                sas,

if stopping smoking is one of your life achievements...

i suggest you aim higher

Milan.
                Well so far your one achievement seems to be owning a grey Passat. Perhaps you could aim higher and get a red one?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Okay, so what's the correct way to smoke the finest Cuban? I'm attending a mate's poker tourney soon & a cigar would seem the correct accessory for this?

- I have to cut the end off (not bite it off & spit it out!).
                  - Light the cigar (rolling around the flame to get an even burn) - not using butane lighters or something that may affect the taste.
                  - Smoke the thing over several hours, doing a Bill (not inhaling!).

Is this okay? Clearly I don't want to look like I haven't a clue! Like when you first tried smoking in your teens & getting accused of "bumming the cigarette"!

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
                    Okay, so what's the correct way to smoke the finest Cuban? I'm attending a mate's poker tourney soon & a cigar would seem the correct accessory for this?

- Light the cigar (rolling around the flame to get an even burn) - not using butane lighters or something that may affect the taste.

Is this okay? Clearly I don't want to look like I haven't a clue! Like when you first tried smoking in your teens & getting accused of "bumming the cigarette"!
                    Bite and spit (on the shoes of the biggest body guard in the room). Take out a fifty or bigger. Light that and then light the cigar with that.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post

Take Cigar out of tube / box.

Remove tag / band. While you may want others to know what you are smoking, that relationship is between you and your cigar.

Cut the end off using a decent cutter, not a scissor or knife. The cut should be clean and fast leaving no serrated edges or bits of leaf hanging off.

The lighting method is open to some debate but using a match from a box which doesn’t scream cheap is fine.

Hold the lit match well below the end (not the one you have just cut) and roll the cigar whilst you inhale small puffs. Check the tip to make sure that the end is fully lit. The result should be a smooth draw, not one that you have to go blue in the face to inhale. If the draw isn’t smooth, try lighting it again. It is best to have to light it once or twice than end up holding a charred stick.

Have a large ashtray nearby; cigar ashtrays are better as they let you rest the cigar without touching the lit end on the bottom. Try not to rest the lit end on anything.

Enjoy!

Note the cigar will go out by itself, do not stuff it out when you have had enough! Just let it rest. Also you don’t have to tap it every 3 seconds, when enough ash as grown then tap it, it won’t fall of as easily as a cig would.

Last thing, cigars are considered best with a strong drink like an old dark rum or whiskey. I do enjoy having a beer with mine from time to time, though any buffs may frown upon this.

HTH
                      "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Working...
                      X