• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What class are you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    working class and proud of it - but live an essentially middle class life.

Ditto.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

where's am a foreigner option

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        You're showing your inbuillt snobbery their Sas, and is the fundemental reason I object to the word chav - apparently it's used to describe a kind of person (Not very likeable or pleasant), but in actuality it's an acceptable way for those who think they're somehow better than working class people, to refer to working class people.

If it isn't obvious, working class and proud of it - but probably disowned because I live an essentially middle class life.

Saying that I think the whole class system it's an anachronism that's on it's way out, but still lingers round occasionally rearing it's ugy head.
        It's only light-hearted, snaw. I voted myself a chav.
        Strictly speaking you are right, but I think most people's mental image of chav is a certain type of behaviour, rather than a class of person
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Strictly speaking you are right, but I think most people's mental image of chav is a certain type of behaviour, rather than a class of person
          Yes, working class behaviour.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Snaws' point brings home a particular issue; are we the nouveau riche of our own home communities and as such are we likely to be considered ostracised as a result?

For example, my Dad was an electrician and occasional driver - he was well chuffed when, aged 50-something, he started to earn more than £20K / year.
            Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Fair enough, you can never tell on this board. I think I like to think that most people view chav's as a kind of person, but equally I believe it's become acceptable for a significant minority to refer to the 'plebs' in a modern and socially acceptable way.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

aurora et al,

you don't seem to be getting it

forget your lower, working, middle, upper class

what really matters is how much you've got

and as you will see from the reaction in this thread to the Felix Dennis Wealth guide the majority here, when considered in the bigger scheme of things, don't even register

aurora is a casing point, your dad was happy to earn 20k and maybe you earn 100k, but jeeeeez they are not so far apart, at the end of the day, unless we have a few million to fall backon and therefore provide a private income, like it or not, we are all flippin' well poor

now, as we begin to accept we are all poor, we must also accept that being poor and thinking you are middle class is simply a delusion demonstrated by the majority here

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  what really matters is how much you've got

Spoken like the true working class oik that you are.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Sas,

yes I am working class,

you are however missing the point, AGAIN.

let me put it in a simpler way, what should matter to all of us privately, is not whethere we are middle class, but privately, how much we have.

you may say that you have all of the trappings of a middle class life, nice car, nice house, kids in private school, BUT, if like the majority of the self certified middle class this lot is sponsored by the never never then you only need a couple of weeks out of work and suddenly you slide down the snake and you are back to working class

whereas, if you are comfortable privately knowing that you have a few quid to always full back on, you will rest peacefully that this class nonsense is for those who have nout

as you know, ignorance is bliss

Milan.

Comment

Nah...Still an oik. You can take the boy out of the council estate etc...
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X