• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What class are you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, I accept that as a resignation and agreement to the point I am making

Sas, in this world, in this life, there are leaders and followers, you my friend fall into the latter camp

this in itself is not a bad thing as without you followers the leaders would not be where they are today

keep up the good work

Milan.

Comment

surely a better question would be to ask what do people define as working class/middle etc. ?

the reason i mention it is because I dont know what the borderline is between work and middle?

from history i believed it was defined essentially by cleanliness of job (i.e those in office/management had white collar jobs and so were middle, those who got their hands dirty/blue collar jobs were working class.. is this correct?

if that still stands i dont wear any collar to work and so im classless
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        forget your lower, working, middle, upper class

what really matters is how much you've got.
        I beg to differ milan. The title of the thread clearly says "What class are you?"

Why don't you start a vulgar new thread called "How much have you got?" if you want to see how many people are not on the bottom rung of Dennis's table.

threaded might be your only taker though.

Comment

chef,

the point is, these days the whole thing has been blurred to the extent that as long as you vote new lie, have a mortgage then you must be middle class

same as everything, many moons ago, and I am talking back in the 1920's the Manager of a company was the most senior person, today, a manager can be a manager of nout but simply a devalued title - perhaps a bit like today's currency valuations compared to the same 80 years ago ?

can it be that simply everything (apart from property) gets devalued over time ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            I can trace my ancestry to before the Norman conquest of England. Which was 1066AD for you who went to themed schools.
            Ditto, SAS can trace his back to a sperm bank in Gravesend
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Milan,

I know it must hurt not to be rich AND to be a peasant at the same time.
              I empathise with your pain.
              But at least you have the Grey Passat.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

wendigo,

with the greatest of respect you read my comment with the wrong glasses and therefore wrong perspective

I said, what matters is how much you have got

now, this is a private subject, and the question did not mean you have to tell everybody

it simply means the class titles are for those with nout, because those with something don't need or worry about the class title because they have it anyway

take this away with you, instead of thinking to yourself am I middle class, think to yourself, how much do I have ?

and remember that does not mean write it here, that would as you and others have pointed out be unecessary and missing the point

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Ditto, SAS can trace his back to a sperm bank in Gravesend
                  Oh, I thought it was a cold park bench and a bag of chips.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Indeed. Milan thinks he's a king because he owns a grey Passat. Still he's come far from his peasant roots.
                    and I bet he has a donkey pulling it ala Borat

http://tinyurl.com/3ayvza

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                      Oh, I thought it was a cold park bench and a bag of chips.
                      And a can of pop.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X