• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official CUK Serious Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not often I agree with Baggy, but he's right.
    Not doing anything is not an option, SA. And Slimfast is not the way forward.
    Like I said if you can quit smoking you can do anything.
    Sorry to lecture on CUK, but when can you do it if not here.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

If SG and BP agree you know it is serious. I agree too. Take some proper action now, SA,

This is the only serious thing in this thread.

Look after yourself please.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        I'm being serious, at 19-7 you need to do something urgently, that's severely clinically obsese, you have a very high chance of a heart attack etc. Maybe you're very tall, I don't know, but you need to do something now. Slimfast is probably the worst thing you can do in this situation. Have a word with NHS direct, maybe they can sort you out before anything bad happens.
        I think you're over reacting a tad.

I'm only 32 (and no I'm not a giant) , I've packed in the fags (well, I'm not that cocky yet, but I'm 4 months in and counting), I've started doing more exercise lately and I can see a massive improvement, but I need something more.

Slimfast is NOT the worst thing I could do - that would be "do nothing". I'm doing this for 2 months, to shift the real excess, then I'll be in a better shape (physically and mentally) to battle the rest.

I went to my GP as it happens, a while ago. Fecking useless. He gave me diet sheets which were so ridiculous it made Atkins look attractive! And the next step after those (if they didn't work) was the stomach band that I remember you being VERY supportive of when I mentioned it a few months back. Remember?

So just back the **** off.
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

It sounds like you are in denial. Rapid weight loss the Slimfast way is mainly water, add to that the damage it does to your organs.

Why not start by reducing the amount of rubbish you eat, no chocolate, no kebabs, no pizzas, no chips. You'll be amazed how quickly the weight comes off.

At the moment you are carrying around at least twice the weight you should, imagine giving SAS a piggie back everywhere you went, that's a massive strain on anyone's system, not to mention patience
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

It sounds like you are in denial. Rapid weight loss the Slimfast way is mainly water, add to that the damage it does to your organs.

Why not start by reducing the amount of rubbish you eat, no chocolate, no kebabs, no pizzas, no chips. You'll be amazed how quickly the weight comes off.

At the moment you are carrying around at least twice the weight you should, imagine giving SAS a piggie back everywhere you went, that's a massive strain on anyone's system, not to mention patience
            You are such a cock end.
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

It seems that different diets work for different people. I used to lose weight by excercise but a bad back has stopped that. I now find slimming world very good.

SA - I know we swapped PMs about this a few months ago and I know slimming world doesn't work for you. Best of luck.

Comment

Or just do bigger poos.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  I think you're over reacting a tad.

So just back the **** off.
                  Don't take it personally, SA

Because we've never met, perhaps we can be more objective.
                  There's someone I know I want to say the same thing to, but I don't dare.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Some people only get the message when the old ticker tells them. How many seriously obese people do you see over 40? There is a reason for this
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Don't take it personally, SA

Because we've never met, perhaps we can be more objective.
                      There's someone I know I want to say the same thing to, but I don't dare.
                      Ah SAS I dont take it personally when you say things honey - you're a top bloke. Always thought so.

I like your advice - it's firm and to the point. I kind of wish my fella would take that hand with me sometimes instead of just squeezing me

Its only that bell end I have a problem with, and I'd have a problem with him no matter what the subject matter.
                      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X