• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ltd. Deserter, Umbrella first timer: Giant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ltd. Deserter, Umbrella first timer: Giant

i've contracted under a Ltd. before and found it a bit laborious so this time i accepted the agencies 'preferred' service: Giant Umbrella (i'm just not motivated enough to research every umbrella out there for the sake of a few quid saved).

i've got a pile of legal agreements to read and accept.. are there any Giant Umbrella users out there that can advise of items in these legal docs to be wary of?

i know Giant are fairly unpopular around here, historically.. can anybody vouch for their current umbrella system being ok?

cheers!

All giant employees should be exterminated.

For the hard of thinking this is intended to be humourous and is not an incitement to murder giant employees or anybody else.
    Last edited by administrator; 23 October 2007, 00:02.

Comment

Does that include those who are employees by dint of being working through the umbrella company?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by barry_abs View Post
        i've contracted under a Ltd. before and found it a bit laborious so this time i accepted the agencies 'preferred' service: Giant Umbrella (i'm just not motivated enough to research every umbrella out there for the sake of a few quid saved).

i've got a pile of legal agreements to read and accept.. are there any Giant Umbrella users out there that can advise of items in these legal docs to be wary of?

i know Giant are fairly unpopular around here, historically.. can anybody vouch for their current umbrella system being ok?

cheers!
        so, you can't be bothered with managing a ltd and can't be bothered with upsetting the agency apple cart and can't be bothered searching for the best umbrella deal and can't be bothered with reading the legal requirements but can be bothered to ask if anyone else has bothered...
        Last edited by DS23; 23 October 2007, 06:35. Reason: i like italics

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
          so, you can't be bothered with managing a ltd and can't be bothered with upsetting the agency apple cart and can't be bothered searching for the best umbrella deal and can't be bothered with reading the legal requirements but can be bothered to ask if anyone else has bothered...
          Contractors like that should be exterminated, giving us real businesses a bad name etc etc.

Comment

oh supremeness - is there anyone the daleks won't or can't exterminate?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
              oh supremeness - is there anyone the daleks won't or can't exterminate?
              No. Next.

Comment

is that can't or won't?

Comment

Originally posted by barry_abs View Post

cheers!
                  If you can't be bothered to do any research apart from asking here if anyone else has done it, then you deserve what you get.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Dalek Supreme View Post
                    No. Next.
                    DELETE DELETE DELETE
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...