• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Modern man????!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I'm sure it's lovely.

Any chance of a photo??

Sure - PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you it.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Sure - PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you it.
      So that's your inbox filled up with PMs now!

You would not believe how I misread "if you feel inclined you can go and do your man some damage" - I need to spend less time here!!
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        So that's your inbox filled up with PMs now!

You would not believe how I misread "if you feel inclined you can go and do your man some damage" - I need to spend less time here!!
        lol - don't worry fella, I wouldn't expect you to actually "do" him up the ass -
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Being fractured in time is a bit hard on the appearance...
          Soon the centuries that divide me shall be undone.

Comment

What the feck has happened to men?!!!
            Getting back to SA's original question (Yes, I know it was 13 pages ago on this thread )

I think the answer is simple.

Deliberate Gender Emancipation.

You see, us blokes were quite happy when we were tasked with going out to kill some deadly animal and bring it back to the cave for cooking.

We were quite happy to go out and risk getting mauled to death, if it meant we could put food on the stone table for the family.

It was what we were good at.

And we knew that you lasses were good at raising a family and keeping the home in order.

It was a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Fast forward to the last century, and the early 80's, and the advent of "New Age Man".

This was a socially-engineered concept, nurtured and released in to the wilds, that said us men had to visibly get in touch with our feelings. To be empathic and sensitive.

I must admit, all us blokes were quite skeptical at first.

I mean, crying is for sissies and the French (after last weekend), and we were a little perplexed as to how it could help us.

But, after constant media pressure, that threw the term "New Age Man" around at every opportunity, we felt obliged to at least have a go, if only to stop the moaning from our signigicant others.

I never forget my first emotive moment.

I was trying to socket wrench a .25 nut off a rusted bolt on a Hayter lawnmover and the damn thing wouldn't budge. The missus told me to stop stressing about it and release my inner hurt.

So I grabbed a can of beer and sat down on the sofa and had a jolly good sniffle. In fact I bawled my eyes out. Tears were everywhere. On my shirt cuffs, on the cream leather sofa, and on the dog (who was NOT amused).

After a good 10 minutes, she asked me if I was ok and felt any better.

I replied "No, not really".

So she said "Well, why don't you go and do something that cheers you up ?"

She had a point. I guess it was all part of the therapy. The "getting in touch with your feminine side."

So I got up, went and fetched my 12-bore from the gun cabinet, and summarily executed the mutha-fooking piece of rusted scrap metal in a haze of gunshot.

When she came running out of the house, no doubt hoping I'd topped meself, she said, quite breathlessly, "What the hell was that all about ? I thought you were getting in touch with your feminine emotions ?"

I replied "I am. I'm on my fecking period."
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

BGG, we salute you sir
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

BGG, sad but true.

Only for one thing, you can rebel!

Don't take it lying down!

Make her take it bending over!

Put the bitch in her place!

Churchill - In "There's not many of us left" mode!

Comment

You sir are quite honestly a legend.

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                  You see, us blokes were quite happy when we were tasked with going out to kill some deadly animal and bring it back to the cave for cooking.
                  I tried that last weekend. Staying round a mates. Me and him to to the co-op bought some sausages walked in when he launched it his misses (and extremely foxy female lodger) proclaiming that the "man" has sourced the food now the women must prepare the feast.

I must add that this is not a smart move for anyone thinking of trying it.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g4bLZ_AZRI

Very amusing version of the definition of the "new man"
                    Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                      You sir are quite honestly a legend.

I tried that last weekend. Staying round a mates. Me and him to to the co-op bought some sausages walked in when he launched it his misses (and extremely foxy female lodger) proclaiming that the "man" has sourced the food now the women must prepare the feast.

I must add that this is not a smart move for anyone thinking of trying it.
                      "Launch the sausage" Not heard that one before. Did you get the lodger?
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X