• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Speak Bullsh!t Bingo begins...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robnjc View Post
    As Terry Pratchett said

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
    He's a man ahead of his time
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

'Value added service' as in, 'I want you to think about how you can make this more of a value added service'.

Translation: You want me to do yet more things that aren't in my job role, without any renegotiation of terms or pay, by disguising it as some kind of w@nky management bullsh1t.

As the service I was supposed to be adding value to at that particular time was running 1200 timesheets through an envelope stuffing machine I was at a loss as to how I could 'add value' to the 'service' short of sticking a crisp tenner in each envelope...

Hevra

Comment

Originally posted by Hevra View Post
        As the service I was supposed to be adding value to at that particular time was running 1200 timesheets through an envelope stuffing machine I was at a loss as to how I could 'add value' to the 'service' short of sticking a crisp tenner in each envelope...

Hevra
        i'll PM you my address if your going to be giving away free tenners
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Not sure if this counts, but there are a load of androids in our office at the moment firing off the classic 'shared services' b*llsh*t.

Translation: let's find two departments that do similar things, bundle them up, sack the duplicates and pocket the savings.
          Last edited by Zorba; 17 October 2007, 13:45. Reason: Forgot the translation bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba View Post
            Not sure if this counts, but there are a load of androids in our office at the moment firing off the classic 'shared services' b*llsh*t.

Translation: let's find two departments that do similar things, bundle them up, sack the duplicates and pocket the savings.
            Also known as "Levereging our syngergies"
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Also known as "Levereging our syngergies"
              *runs away screaming and clawing at eyes*

Comment

Out of the loop.

It's used a lot here (with some justification, I might add).
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Getting some traction.

(you'll get traction .. my shoe on your @rse!)
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

when I was at Accidenture one of their American partners asked me "how my bandwidth was" what a tit...
                    Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      not too keen on

"We have an all hands meeting"
                      Ugh. Client just had their Quarterly All Hands Meeting - they hired a theatre round the corner, there being 1600 hands (assuming nobody's lost a limb). I didn't go, on the basis that the guy with the contract to fill up the Coke machine probably wasn't going to bother, and I'm a contractor just like him. It was very peaceful with just a few other contractors and I in office space sufficient for 800

Another one that crops up a lot in internal emails during the ongoing management reorganisation is that "X will head up department Y and will report into Z." Why they can't just head a department and report to somebody is beyond me.

Still, this is the company that just made Canada part of Europe for internal purposes.

Comment

Working...
                      X