• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Trouble....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay - so what are you going to do when you get your diagnostics thingy, find out the code, work out what it means (I find the descriptions on those rather wide ranging) and discover that there is a major problem.

You're going to take it to the garage to get it fixed!! - or the sensors f*cked - and you take it to someone to get it fixed!!

Why waste your time - take it in and get it sorted. I find most garages are really helpful and don't rip you off, particularly if you build a rapport with them.

Stop trying to save a few quid by spending days figuring it out.

FFS - are you contractors or shelf stackers.

In fact - just go and buy a new car and be done with it!
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
      In fact - just go and buy a new car and be done with it!
      When my car broke down last week I actually thought seriously for a few moments about buying a cheap second-hand car to get me to London and back, figuring I could sell it again once mine came back from the garage.

Then sanity prevailed and I got a first class rail ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        When my car broke down last week I actually thought seriously for a few moments about buying a cheap second-hand car to get me to London and back, figuring I could sell it again once mine came back from the garage.

Then sanity prevailed and I got a first class rail ticket.
        If I could go by train I would.

My gig only lasts another 3 months - I don't want to buy a car for that.

Thats why I want to look into leasing...
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Had same problem with a 306 I used to own. Problem was with Ignition leads, replaced them and was fine after that. I also had it happen when I went through a puddle and water has sprayed up into the electrics in the engine bay because there is no sump guard to prevent them getting soaked.

Comment

By a Rolls Royce like I did then your guaranteed a decent car life expectancy

HTH

Threaded
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

HTH

Threaded
              Buy

Or was it deliberate?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

HTH

Threaded
                you're

Comment

Working...
                X