• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Marrieds only

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living together 17 years...neither of us see the point in a bit of paper tbh
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Married 8 years, together 13 years this December.

Two children under 4 and all very happy.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
        Living together 17 years...neither of us see the point in a bit of paper tbh
        The main point of the bit of paper is legal recognition of the partnership. This offers some protections to either party. It also grants certain rights: for example, the right to be at your partner's bedside when s/he is in hospital - without marriage, you are NOT the next of kin.
        Last edited by NotAllThere; 13 October 2007, 06:22.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

very very happy

I have been married to the missus 6 years
          my wife has been married to me 7 years

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Also indicate length of marriage.

17 years for me (together 20)... and her.

yahoo
            Last edited by arthur_cider; 25 November 2007, 09:40.

Comment

24 years, together for 25 years but now we're divorcing
              (the divorce was amicable but he's being difficult over the financial settlement - dispute has been going on for 2 years now... )
              It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

24 years, jesus, aren't you worried the pickings will be a bit slim?
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
                  The wife of my closest friend threw the iron down one evening and decided she'd had enough and was off. He was quite cut up about that. To make matters worse, she'd only ironed half of his shirt.
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    24 years, jesus, aren't you worried the pickings will be a bit slim?
                    I have another partner now, just waiting for everything to get sorted and we will be married
                    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

We agents get married too 19 years, what a lucky wife I have.
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X