• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is facebook and myspace all about?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I have discovered something even better, it's called the mobile telephone, soon everyone will have to have one
    No, I fear telephones these days.
    Since the invention of email/texting, I find anyone who calls out of the blue very rude!! (Much like people just turning up at your door). Its like they're saying "I'm going to speak to you now, whether you like it or not!"

I know its me who has the problem there, and I know I've spent far too much with computers, but that's just the way it is.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      I've got an automated thingie ringing me up at the moment...

I pick the phone up, it waits a while & asks me to hold (in an American accent), then hangs up.

I did get to growl at what may have been a human being the other day, but he rang off.... Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...
      Boiler room, auto-dailler. It hangs up is there is no sales person to take the call.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        Boiler room, auto-dailler. It hangs up is there is no sales person to take the call.
        I love wasting these guys time - most enjoyable.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
        X