• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doing Ramadan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm only observing Ramadan between breakfast and lunch and then lunch through to dinner. Oh, and elevenses then afternoon tea and cake.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

A muslin collegue observing ramadan inspired me to give up alcohol for lent this year.

Bloody hard, but I'm glad I did it.

Comment

There is no point in torturing your body and mind by fasting or
        denying yourself the pleasure of alcohol in the name of religion.
        Life is too short, enjoy while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
          Can you please add 'self-pleasuring' to the list. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
            Are you muslim Sandy?
            No she's doing Ramadan for a laugh
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Orangutan View Post
              A muslin collegue observing ramadan inspired me to give up alcohol for lent this year.

Bloody hard, but I'm glad I did it.
              It's shagged your spelling:

muslin
              collegue

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                I find it strange that Muslims are teased about the bacon thing, Jews don't eat bacon too and no one seems to tease them about it.
                Nah, it's the same as teasing anyone who's fasting, dieting or who has just become vegetarian. If you're hungry, bacon sandwiches always smell great.

One of my Jewish colleagues was asked if he was orthodox, he replied "Well, it's funny you should ask, because the saturday afternoon, as I walked down the highstreet to the diy store, eating a bacon sarnie and drinking a glass of milk..."
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  Yeah, but if you do it right, then after you die, you get 70 virgins, or something. Mind you, if they stay virgins, I guess it isn't that much fun...
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Yeah, but if you do it right, then after you die, you get 70 virgins, or something. Mind you, if they stay virgins, I guess it isn't that much fun...
                    do wimmin get 70 virgin blokes?..if so would that be any fun?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I do my own version of Ramadam. From sunrise to sunset nothing but Smirnoff touches my lips.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X