• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Surf or go home?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surf or go home?

Ok, here's the situation - at a client's on project-based work. Just made a release. Due to move on to the next stage of the project but currently don't have enough information to enable me to start the next stage or even look at defining the work. Products Manager is up to his neck in meetings etc and the Project Lead is on vacation moving house.

So twiddling my thumbs.

Do I:

a) do the full "not a permie, no work I'm going home" thing (but of course no pay)?

or

b) surf and drink tea, billing the client?

What would you do?
    Do what thou wilt

option b all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
      So twiddling my thumbs.

Do I:

a) do the full "not a permie, no work I'm going home" thing (but of course no pay)?

or

b) surf and drink tea, billing the client?

What would you do?
      You always need to keep your thumb twiddling skill up to date, I find I always need them at some point during a project.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I'll have a (B) please Bob.

Comment

surfs up!

Comment

In exactly the same situation right now for today and maybe tomorrow.. option B for me, plus looking online for training courses and thinking what to get myself for upcoming b'day... mmmm tea
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Maybe book a holiday?
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                You always need to keep your thumb twiddling skill up to date, I find I always need them at some point during a project.
                Ah... of course... I was wondering what to book the time to.... "training"

Do what thou wilt

Comment

Pop into the gents and whack one out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                    Ah... of course... I was wondering what to book the time to.... "training"

Glad to be of help
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X